Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior questions

Hi Guys,
    I am getting some cleaning products together to bring my recently acquired MC interior back to pristine condition and I'd like to ask a couple of (probably simple to most) questions.
    What material is used on the dash and door cards ? (it is all black interior)
    and what are the preferred cleaning products.
    I'd also like to bring the leather back to life as it looks a bit dry, what's the best way to achieve this ? and again...what's the best products

I use Gliptone for the seats and leather on door cards and it leaves them nice and matt as they would have been when new,

loads on ebay but just highlighted one kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gliptone-L...item2c69a5b1c2

Comment

not a great picture but you can see the blue part on seats looks "flat" as per original finish

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
        I use Gliptone for the seats and leather on door cards and it leaves them nice and matt as they would have been when new,

loads on ebay but just highlighted one kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gliptone-L...item2c69a5b1c2
        Thanks Dave this looks good and worth a try at that price do you use this on the dash ?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by stevez3m View Post
          Thanks Dave this looks good and worth a try at that price do you use this on the dash ?

cheers
          No I have just washed the dash with diluted Meguiars "All purpose cleaner" and then very small amount of Meguiars trim detailer

Comment

Shiny dash looks horrible on a coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              No I have just washed the dash with diluted Meguiars "All purpose cleaner" and then very small amount of Meguiars trim detailer
              Ok, Cheers

Comment

i really like that picture with the carbon look centre console. where did you get that?

Comment

Originally posted by adgildio View Post
                  i really like that picture with the carbon look centre console. where did you get that?
                  It was from Rossiters (AC Schnitzer UK)

Comment

Dave, does the consul have to come out to remove the horizontal panel that the gear lever cover sits on? Mine has just started to delaminate - thinking of covering in leather.
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                      Dave, does the consul have to come out to remove the horizontal panel that the gear lever cover sits on? Mine has just started to delaminate - thinking of covering in leather.
                      Yes I am sure it would as both those panels (gear surround and gauges) screw from underneath to the console frame as with the side leather "boomerangs"

Comment

Working...
                      X