ABS fault code help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS fault code help

Hi I've got the ABS light on all the time,I've put the car in for a pre MOT and the chap has run a code reader on the car and the code reader reports right rear valve.
    Any ideas, the car is a 1999 Z3M
    Thanks Chris

Could be as simple as needing a good clean/wire brush maybe?

Comment

Cheers Dave,I'm just gonna go out and give the sensor a good coat of looking at.

Comment

My ABS didn't work but gave no faults so I gave all the sensors a wire brush and that fixed it,

Comment

Hi Dave,will the ABS light go off straight away when I fit a new sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by spooks1 View Post
            Hi Dave,will the ABS light go off straight away when I fit a new sensor?
            I think the light will go out but the fault will need to be cleared from the memory at some stage

Comment

Two new sensors fitted at rear ABS light still on,grrrrrr

Comment

Have you driven the car since you fitted them? The light should go out quite quickly but will need to driven.

If it does not go out it may be the ABS ring (I am sure it has a better name) is rusted or damaged so the sensor is not reading correctly.

Is it always on, or does it come on and off?
                S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

I will take it for a swift spin tomorrow,the light stays on all the time,however it does flicker slightly on ignition.

Comment

Abs

Hi not sure where you got the sensor from but I had a similar problem, went down the cheap route and got them off ebay, fitted them and still had the light on, bought another set from a motor factors, were about 3 times the cost and made by Bosch if i remember correctly fitted them and the light went off.
                    Im sure there is a thread on the subject somewhere.

Stoney

Comment

Spooks

If it is storing a valve fault it suggests a fault with the ABS pump, not the sensor you have tried cleaning.
                      I'd suggest reading the memory with BMW software. If it still says valve more than likely your going to need a pump but very rare fault.
                      May be worth trying to bleed first juts in case there's air trapped.

Comment

Working...
                      X