Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Fault

Hi,

ABS light came on so bought a nifty diags machine which reported 3 abs\speed sensors faulty, swapped out the front 2 but getting the same fault, I assume it's the abs ecu\module.

Plenty on flea bay for not much money, do these need to be coded to the car (2000 Z3M) if so how is this done.

Thanks

Depending on the scanner, you might find that it is reporting those 3 as 'faulty' as they have a different reading to the 4th sensor. The problem might actually be that the 4th sensor is open circuit and not providing feedback.

As it is a quick job, I would first do a resistance check on the remaining sensor that you haven't changed, then swap it for one of the ones you now have spare.

Easy to check and might save a non required module...

Comment

Sorry I just read that you have only changed the fronts. Do a resistance check on both rears.

Hopefully you will find one goes open circuit. This will be the faulty one. Quite often the NSR as more dirt and stones get flung up in this area.

Change that one, reset fault codes and go out for a drive. It should reset itself anyway.

N.B. The working sensor resistance should be around 1k ohms.

Comment

Originally posted by robgl View Post
        Hi,

ABS light came on so bought a nifty diags machine which reported 3 abs\speed sensors faulty, swapped out the front 2 but getting the same fault, I assume it's the abs ecu\module.

Plenty on flea bay for not much money, do these need to be coded to the car (2000 Z3M) if so how is this done.

Thanks
        Welcome to the forum

Comment

Many thanks, I'll have a look and report back.

Comment

Sincere apologies for the delay, been fiddling with my old 3.0 csa which was blocking the coupe in. Went for the sensor that wasn't flagged by the diag machine and low and behold it was cracked, thank for all you help.

Comment

No drama Rob.

Glad you got it sussed.

Comment

Working...
              X