Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: New/used headlights

Hi all.

As the titles suggests, I'm looking for a set of either new or used headlights. Hopefully someone has a set lying about in their garage. I don't mind what config just need them to be in nice condition.

Thanks, Jamie

whats up with yours ?
    if there faded a god machine polish will bring them back to new
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
      whats up with yours ?
      if there faded a god machine polish will bring them back to new
      I really wish I had a god machine. I don't think I could be trusted with it though.
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Where do I get one of those?

Yeah mine are mega milky, really ruins the front of the car. What sort of compound would u suggest for a machine polish? I also only have an orbital polisher and not a proper rotary. Will this be able to cut enough to remove the oxidisation? I've thought about trying it for a while but just wanted to test the water and see if a nice clean set were available.

Cheers, Jamie

Comment

Try some toothpaste !

Comment

Originally posted by J4mie View Post
            Where do I get one of those?

Yeah mine are mega milky, really ruins the front of the car. What sort of compound would u suggest for a machine polish? I also only have an orbital polisher and not a proper rotary. Will this be able to cut enough to remove the oxidisation? I've thought about trying it for a while but just wanted to test the water and see if a nice clean set were available.

Cheers, Jamie

Post #22 should help you...

http://z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17577&page=3
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

They'll come up better, but they'll never be as nice as a brand new set. Or last that long as the hard UV layer on the outside needs to be ground away to polish them.

I had a brand new set years ago I got for £250 off ebay, they looked amazing compared to my old headlights. I sold them on though as I went down the projector headlight route. Perhaps should have kept them looking at current BMW prices!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                I really wish I had a god machine. I don't think I could be trusted with it though.
                sorry got mixed up with my god complex ha ha
                [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

You can get good results with just a drill if you don't have access to a d/a polisher

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...+polishing+kit

Comment

I've got these for sale on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1621577497...84.m1558.l2649

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll have a good go at sprucing up my current headlights. After looking at that link, the meguiars kit gave some really good results. I wouldn't say my headlights were any worse than those in the link.

I'll post some pics when I get it done

Comment

Working...
                      X