X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing Silver S50

New listing? on ebay Silver S50 163904 miles £22995

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-BMW-Z...25.m3641.l6368

The brakes are ready for the bin (as are the Three-A ditchfinders), and would likely not pass an MOT due to the stage of rust. It's a lot more than the usual surface rust from standing a short time.

I can't understand how a dealer would market a car with a "simple airbag fault", any trader WILL know or have a cheap code clearer as a matter of routine.

I'm all for the prices of the cars going up but I always believe they should the right amount of money spent on them to maintain them. And if I was a trader I'd sort the little faults, add some locking wheel nuts, gearknob, fit new brakes and tyres (max £1000 all in) and have a much much more saleable and desirable car.

You can't get more textbook saleable than silver with all black interior.
    Last edited by c_w; 23-02-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Fully agree, perfect colours (silver/black interior), sunroof and cruise. Car needs "love", and a grand or so spending on it. Any £20K plus car should be better maintained than this. Makes me wonder what else has been cost avoided.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Bit of smoke and mirrors with the list of "trivial items". I may even cynically suggest that the aim is to make a potential buyer think "Oh that’s good of them, they’ve mentioned the bad stuff already".

I do find it galling when eBayers say things like "I would rather give as much details on the car as I can" and then fail to mention things that many would consider fairly significant, such as last month's MOT advisory of "engine oil leak". Of course, I'm happy to be corrected if it's been remedied since then and of course it may just be an overzealous MOT tester looking at a grubby undertray.

ON THE PLUS SIDE, I think it actually looks pretty well all things considered and I reckon there's some serious haggling to do (it is listed as a Classified Ad with Best Offer) and it's probably safe to assume they kicked the previous owner squarely between the legs on the trade-in value! If it drives as well as he says it does and it comes for the right price it could well be a good entry into MC ownership!

If anyone from here goes to see it or even buys it, it would be great to hear more about it!

And, of course, it is in the best colour combo too! But I am biased...
        S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Nobody has driven that very far for a loooong time

Comment

That's VERY ambitious of the seller!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/bmw-z3m-coupe/1230592504

Comment

WOW, just WOW.
                Those discs!

It's crying out to be saved and back in the hands of some kind owner who will love and cherish it to bring it back to it's former glory.

Comment

7K reduction, good price now. Spend a few K on it and a bit of time and you have a £20K car that will likely appreciate. Should sell quickly now.
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Comment

£7k price reduction
                      Gumtree
                      No phone number just an email address
                      Gumtree seller only just registered
                      Minimal advert information
                      Gumtree
                      Gumtree

Sure it's not a scam folks?

Comment

It's also changed locations albeit a few miles north from oakham to sherwood Notts?

Scam unless proved otherwise

Comment

Innocent until proven guilty?

Comment

Send him your 14k and I am sure they will ship it to you free of charge. :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X