ABS Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Warning Light

Hmm the ABS warning light came on in my car recently, initially temporarily and then it stayed on. It's with the garage now for its MOT and an oil service and it's obviously failed the MOT for the ABS light

Problem is their diagnostic system isn't bringing up an error and it won't let them clear the fault either. I'm guessing it's a dirty or knackered sensor, probably on the front, but without the diagnostics they can't tell which one (or indeed whether that actually is the problem)

Any suggestions other than trial and error?
    www.tracking-shot.com

Have a look at this;

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ght=Abs+sensor

And the thread that I link to in the above link. If you have a multimeter you have a good chance of finding a faulty sensor.

Comment

Nice one, thanks Jon
      www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

you would ordinarily expect a knackered sensor to show up on the diagnostic I think. I'm speculating, but I wonder if the ABS ECU has had it. In the event playing with sensors doesn't work that may be worth keeping in mind - it is quite easy to get to, just behind the glovebox - and you can test all the sensors from there using the harness if you unplug it and check the required terminals with a multimeter. Download the electric troubleshooting manual for details.

Comment

Dropped it into CPC this morning for Phil to have a look at, expecting to need to leave it with him to trace the problem and probably order parts....

In the time that it took me to nip round the corner for a meeting with a client Phil had fixed it

Turns out is was actually something pretty simple but to be fair wasn't the first thing he checked as the obvious cause wasn't identified by his diagnostics either - it was the red ABS relay in the fusebox!

All sorted now
          www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

Originally posted by twink View Post
            Dropped it into CPC this morning for Phil to have a look at, expecting to need to leave it with him to trace the problem and probably order parts....

In the time that it took me to nip round the corner for a meeting with a client Phil had fixed it

Turns out is was actually something pretty simple but to be fair wasn't the first thing he checked as the obvious cause wasn't identified by his diagnostics either - it was the red ABS relay in the fusebox!

All sorted now

Result

Comment

Working...
            X