Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many UK spec MC's have been written off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many UK spec MC's have been written off...

Is it possible to find out this information?

Current - BMW M6
    Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
    Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Chris,

Greenbat started the following thread looking at a simular question.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...mber+of+MC%27s

I think it was also discussed that some MC's have also been exported. I can confirm interest, having met a guy looking for one to export to Australia at the BMWCC meet at Gaydon a couple of years back.

Comment

Thanks. You have no idea how hard im resisting the temptation to make a joke about you meeting a bloke at a place called Gaydon! Lucky for you i know its a BMW meet. ;)

Current - BMW M6
      Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
      Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Don't worry Chris. Was the link helpful?

I think the only way to get accurate figures would be to contact the DVLA, but I don't think they are inclined to releasee that type on information.

I would suggest that somewhere between 5 - 15% of UK MC's have been written off or exported by now.

Comment

Think the DVLA might have an obligation to as they're a public body holding records of a public nature etc..Freedom of Information Act and all that.....they can charge for administrative costs for data requests though.

Comment

mc coupes written off

I have a freind who works in swansea ( not the dvla if any police are reading)
            ill attempt to find out not promissing though
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ighlight=stats

i got the infomation from a stats guy in the dvla. The data is a year old now so probably even less left.

Comment

Just seen that - good effort Ron. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ron burgandy View Post
                  http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ighlight=stats

i got the infomation from a stats guy in the dvla. The data is a year old now so probably even less left.
                  Did you ever get the info you asked for in the link, S50/S54-colours.

Steve.
                  2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

i did ask him but i got no reply, i might ask him again and while i am at it i will ask for this years figures and we can see how many have been written off this year.

Comment

have done some digging around and apparantly the dvla has wont do this any more but have sourced it out to some data compaines. i rang one of these companies and got a quote of £250 for the information! I thought about it for about a second and declined the offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X