Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear wiper - water-in feed broken. New motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian View Post
    Bit of a "red face" update. Replaced motor and, guess what, new one didn't work either.

My trusted indy has today fixed the problem. It was the wires in the tailgate where they flex as you open the hatch. New cables installed and issue sorted.

Have left my new wiper motor in place (has 2 year warranty of course) so have old one (6 years old) that I fitted in 2008. Would expect that it should work fine, but don't know.

If any body is interested in it, happy for a donation to be made to the site. Don't know what it would cost to post though.

Ian
    worth checking the boot struts haven't become weak as they are normally the cause of wiring issues

Comment

Thanks Dave, replaced those a year or so ago, but they could well have contributed to the failure. Think replacing the wires has also solved an intermittent failure of the remote hatch lock.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Gents,

I have replaced the check valve and now as several of you have noticed there is a leak from around the motor as pictured. I have tried applying some light clear silicone around the perimeter edge. It's helped a bit but it still seems to exist. From what I can gather there were mixed reviews about fixing or buying a new unit with the same result. I'm curious about long term updates and anything else you all may have as advice to fix.

Very much appreciate your insight and help!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmo94556 View Post
          Gents,

I have replaced the check valve and now as several of you have noticed there is a leak from around the motor as pictured. I have tried applying some light clear silicone around the perimeter edge. It's helped a bit but it still seems to exist. From what I can gather there were mixed reviews about fixing or buying a new unit with the same result. I'm curious about long term updates and anything else you all may have as advice to fix.

Very much appreciate your insight and help!
          Hi, my opinion is just replace it with new when it starts to fail. They seem to last 5/6 years, guess lack of regular use doesn't help.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Welcome to the forum , replace with new if possible

Comment

Working...
            X