Another S50 idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another S50 idle problem

Hi guys,my cars hunting (missing) when hot,fine until the oil temp hits a 100,then the best i can describe it is a quicker uneven rumble,its drove my indy mad. I,ve changed two 02 sensors,throttle position sensor,intake plenum,the plugs and the oil,still no good!
    Any ideas?? Should i bite the bullet ans take it to BMW?
    Thanks for any advice or comments Damien

No errors showing when plugged in to diagnostics?

I recently had similar with the car pinking a touch at high temp on low, constant throttle - turned out to be a small air leak where the airbox should seal to the engine but had been slightly deformed on fitting - but this brought up an error code indicating a weak mixture at one of the O2 sensors
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I had a similar issue with mine (although although not as temprature dependant) turns out the connector to the end of the vanos unit had come slightly loose. I recently had the vanos seals and bolts replaced so I assume it wasn't clipped back on right and wasn't making proper contact. Symptoms expcept temp were the same.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is an air leak as I have had one of these before too which caused some idling problems.
      KW V3, H&R arbs, H&R 12mm Spacers, Weichers Strut Brace, Ireland Engineering Bushes, Uprated rear top mounts,swapped front top mounts, EBC Yellows, Simota CAI, Supersprint Exhaust, Shadow chrome Roadstars

Comment

Working...
      X