edited to include ....
    ???????? before ellmore?

Comment

yes.......

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
        JT you may have seen it!, number 2 in the estoril line

Thats me at the back

Sorry didn't realise, Coupe's all look the same to me and look how common they are
        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Hello! hello!

Wow! my old car is causing a bit of a stir eh!? haha

Any questions please feel free to ask.......

Glad to see it still about on the furom! i miss it! sweet car! catd, but don't let that put anyone off - this ones mint! or was when i had it!

P.s my e46 is for sale at the minute....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2427747.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NhocCuteGirlUK
            Wow Dan - Total Bargain - Car looks great, sure you have priced it right....

Get the cat d put in the advert.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
              Nice pretend endorsement!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                Nice pretend endorsement!

deleted!!!!!!

Comment

That was a bit of a desperate endorsement

Last time I used Pistonheads it was very easy to change your advert description ........ and yet it still does not confirm that the car is a cat D..... I can only think of one possible reason why this would be the case which is to purposely make it look like a better deal than it is. The car is priced OK for a cat D but is it not blatently pretending to be a bargain its not now the seller knows its a cat D ? (IF he did not know before) Pretty poor tactics in my book.

If someone bought it without knowing it was Cat D and then saw this thread (which is highly likely?), I know what I would be advising them, anyone have that number for Citizens Advice ?
                  Last edited by Jonttt; 28-01-2011, 10:47 PM.
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                    That was a bit of a desperate endorsement

Last time I used Pistonheads it was very easy to change your advert description ........ and yet it still does not confirm that the car is a cat D..... I can only think of one possible reason why this would be the case which is to purposely make it look like a better deal than it is. The car is priced OK for a cat D but is it not blatently pretending to be a bargain its not now the seller knows its a cat D ? (IF he did not know before) Pretty poor tactics in my book.

If someone bought it without knowing it was Cat D and then saw this thread (which is highly likely?), I know what I would be advising them, anyone have that number for Citizens Advice ?
                    And they'd tell you - private sale, sold as seen.

It's up to the buyer to ask, not the seller to disclose.

TBH it's too cheap to be a "no stories" car, and the fact that it hasn't sold means the seller is probably telling enquirers that it's cat D, rather than putting it in the advert.

Comment

Originally posted by W1234 View Post
                      And they'd tell you - private sale, sold as seen.

It's up to the buyer to ask, not the seller to disclose.

TBH it's too cheap to be a "no stories" car, and the fact that it hasn't sold means the seller is probably telling enquirers that it's cat D, rather than putting it in the advert.
                      Yeah of course its buyer beware, BUT in my book you just dont do that to people. Its called being a ***t

Or given the knowledge out there that most have about HPI checks its highly likely that the prospective buyer would check - and waste their money too.

If the seller genuinely knows its a cat D then they should state so in the advert and start acting like a grown up and think of others rather than themseleves

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                        Thats me at the back

Sorry didn't realise, Coupe's all look the same to me and look how common they are
                        Slightly off the point (which I think has now been well made!!), but what colour is the red MC to the left of the photo in this post? Are my eyes going or is it far too dark to be Imola?!

2.8 Coupe in a standard colour?

Just curious!

Comment

Originally posted by offyourmarks View Post
                          Yeah of course its buyer beware, BUT in my book you just dont do that to people. Its called being a ***t

Or given the knowledge out there that most have about HPI checks its highly likely that the prospective buyer would check - and waste their money too.

If the seller genuinely knows its a cat D then they should state so in the advert and start acting like a grown up and think of others rather than themseleves
                          I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt - who's to say he doesn't mention it in the first enquiry, before anyone has spent any money?

If it were me I'd put it in the ad to stop anyones time being wasted, but failing to include it isn't a crime. If it said "HPI clear" then that's a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by W1234 View Post
                            I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt - who's to say he doesn't mention it in the first enquiry, before anyone has spent any money?

If it were me I'd put it in the ad to stop anyones time being wasted, but failing to include it isn't a crime. If it said "HPI clear" then that's a different matter.
                            Yeah its no crime I agree - its about morals I guess. Personally I'm not one for withholding info just incase they dont ask.

I would agrue that if he was intending mentioning it at first contact then why not state it in the advert? I'll tell you why - because its a shot to nothing that some unsuspecting buyer may call up; pure and simple. Yeah its caveat emptor in the used car game but still, its just not the done thing

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. N View Post
                              Slightly off the point (which I think has now been well made!!), but what colour is the red MC to the left of the photo in this post? Are my eyes going or is it far too dark to be Imola?!

2.8 Coupe in a standard colour?

Just curious!
                              imola, dont think this is a forum member but you can see on top of the dash a magazine feature on his car.

Comment

Originally posted by wrighty988 View Post
                                sadly decided to put my m coupe up for sale as i dont really use it and it has sat in the garage for months now.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2398277.htm

many thanks dan
                                showing as sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X