The dreaded rear wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dreaded rear wiper

Sorry folks but I have to ask, after much searching on here and the Z roadster forum I still havent found the answer.

Where is the relay for the rear wipers located, ive looked in the fuse box but cant figure out which one it is or is not, need to locate it as its the only thing I can think thats stopping the wipers working.

Ive done all the usual stuff, checked the wiring in the tail gate, had the motor out and it works fine if I put 12v on the connections, all fuses that i can find are ok.

I dont know where to look next as Im sure it has to be a relay.

So if any of you folks can definitively say which relay controls the rear wipers I will be forever grateful as this now starting to really P??? me off.

Cheers

Stoney.
    Last edited by stoney; 15-06-2015, 07:04 PM. Reason: bloody dicklexia.

I've just had a look in the Bentley manual and it says the rear wiper relay is in the tailgate, but no picture. It says the windscreen wipers control module is located behind the glove box.

Having read it again, sounds like they are both controlled by the one behind the glove box, module A51.

Have you ruled the stalk out?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Have you go a copy of the "Electrical Troubleshooting Manual in PDF format", all 382 pages? On page 16, the power distribution chart, there is reference to the M Coupe rear compartment lid centre locking motor relay, but I can't see any other relay reference for the rear wiper.
      If you haven't got a copy I can e-mail it to you, alternatively I think someone put a link up on here for it.
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Check the wiring on the left hand side (upper) near the hinge,,again.

Comment

wiring.

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
          Check the wiring on the left hand side (upper) near the hinge,,again.
          Done that, had a multimeter on all cables and they check out ok from where they dissapear down the side of the car to the actual connector plugs on the wiper motor itself.
          I will however have another look at the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions I wont let it beat me.

Stoney

Comment

relay

[QUOTE=Spooks;155903]I've just had a look in the Bentley manual and it says the rear wiper relay is in the tailgate,

I ve had a look at the circuit board on the actual motor and all looks well, if I put 12 volts on the motor it rotate backwards and forwards no problem.in the tailgate

but no picture. It says the windscreen wipers control module is located behind the glove box.

Having read it again, sounds like they are both controlled by the one behind the glove box, module A51.

Im going to locate this at the weekend and have a look at it as ive just discovered that the washer on the front bumpers are not working either.

Have you ruled the stalk out?
            other than replacing the stalk i dont know how you would rule it out.
            Stoney.

Comment

The washer wiper module controls the headlight washer function I think but not sure if it controls the rear wiper functions?

Comment

Working...
              X