S50 M Coupé Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50B32 Oil pan 11131405227 - zinc screw plug 11131273093

Last edited by Dave P; 25-02-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Old one got damaged?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Works out expensive for a new volume knob !
                  People on ebay do sell a replacement knob, although it's not a simple pull-off, press-on job.

Can't go wrong with a fresh facia though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                    Old one got damaged?

no, I found a new cheap one at a very good price. I am not sure if I will get it fitted to my coupe but may at a later date - would need all the hardware to be zinc plated as none of the original bolts (20+) are available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      no, I found a new cheap one at a very good price. I am not sure if I will get it fitted to my coupe but may at a later date - would need all the hardware to be zinc plated as none of the original bolts (20+) are available.
                      Tell me about it. Some parts are completely different from the original.

Then it's hoping to find some new old stock/good condition used parts.

The M mobility boottrim, are these your old or new ones? I do see some imperfections, which might be the reason for replacement.

On the other hand, I've had new parts that came 'pre damaged'. Not fun when you buy a big new premium for exactly that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                        Tell me about it. Some parts are completely different from the original.

Then it's hoping to find some new old stock/good condition used parts.

The M mobility boottrim, are these your old or new ones? I do see some imperfections, which might be the reason for replacement.

On the other hand, I've had new parts that came 'pre damaged'. Not fun when you buy a big new premium for exactly that reason.

I think the new parts you get are sometimes the rejects from the original assembly line as many of the trim parts I have bought are not 100% even the engine cover I bought showed minor defects.

The M mobility trim is new and poorly finished but the other two black plastic covers are from my coupe which I replaced a few years ago with new parts but they have been in storage and the damp has affected the matt paint finish.

Comment

• Oil pan hardware and brackets,

Comment

• Oil pan hardware zinc plated

Comment

• A few more nuts and bolts zinc plated

Comment

• New oil level sensor p/n 12611406609

Comment

Working...
                                X