Exhaust or carbon airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
    Oh! I would be really interested to hear what you're having Evolve do, Alpha N etc. and if I can be nosey, how much?!
    Rather annoyingly our engine and engine bay cannot work with the E46 CSL or GSR carbon airbox as they are for an S54 engine and E46 engine bay. We have an S54 engine and E36 (S50) shape engine bay. They have designed an air box to work with both sizes.

So yes an air box with an Alpha N. What I paid is between them and I.

I would recommend my current air filter set up. It really is excellent. Had I not come into some money I would be more than happy with the set up.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Oh! I would be really interested to hear what you're having Evolve do, Alpha N etc. and if I can be nosey, how much?!
      That looks the same as the evolve eventuri kit they offer for the e46 m3 it doesn't require the alpha n tune, dyno results show it offers a performance upgrade. There was a group buy on m3cutters but I think its s54 only currently
      Last edited by cubz; 03-03-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cubz View Post
        That looks the same as the evolve eventuri kit they offer for the e46 m3 it doesn't require the alpha n tune, dyno results show it offers a performance upgrade. There was a group buy on m3cutters but I think its s45 only currently
        Correct.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
          Rather annoyingly our engine and engine bay cannot work with the E46 CSL or GSR carbon airbox as they are for an S54 engine and E46 engine bay. We have an S54 engine and E36 (S50) shape engine bay. They have designed an air box to work with both sizes.

So yes an air box with an Alpha N. What I paid is between them and I.

I would recommend my current air filter set up. It really is excellent. Had I not come into some money I would be more than happy with the set up.
          Are they using you as the guinea pig for the figment of the S54 box into the MC?

Have they given any guide to BHP increase expectations?
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Are they using you as the guinea pig for the figment of the S54 box into the MC?

Have they given any guide to BHP increase expectations?
            No mate, they have already sold a few of their full air boxs for other S54 owners.
            Last edited by KnightsG; 08-03-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some photos of it fitted

Oh, and the Dyno runs for the more technically minded of us
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Want some real good airbox sound?
                This is my Roadster with CSL Box. In the video the CFK intake funnel wasn't mounted jet....
                I think there's no better way to enjoy the sound like in the open Roadster

Sorry for the strange driving, the VW almost crashed me some seconds before

https://vimeo.com/74469350

Comment

That does look and sound good

Comment

Sounds great
                    This is on my to do list just for the sound alone

To be fair with the cost of air ox and alpha -N
                    You don't get many bangs per buck
                    But does sound the bollox
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Working...
                    X