Looks a good one

Looks to be in very nice condition!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Never driven above 4000rpm, seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post
        Never driven above 4000rpm, seriously?
        I thought the vanos only "fully opens" above 4000rpm, don't believe it hasn't be used!
        Would have thought it was a good investment to get the rusty bits sorted for this price range?
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

For that price, it would be prudent for the seller to make the car as perfect as possible and to eradicate rust spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
            For that price, it would be prudent for the seller to make the car as perfect as possible and to eradicate rust spots.
            I have to agree.

You can't have your cake and eat.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

It depends what he means by rust spots i suppose.

Engine bay looks nce and the car looks great overall.

Fair play if he gets that for it - time will tell

Comment

Looks like a nice car. Difficult to know if it is better to touch the car up or keep it entirely original/ honest. Now that these cars are so collectable I would imagine many would want original paint?

Comment

Original paint for me all day long.

Whenever ive sold a high end classic ive had the buyer have a pre purchase inspection done, the chap checks the car out with a paint depth gauge. Imagine if it showed the roof as having a different paint thickness - theyd think the car had been on its roof!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dave9 View Post
                            Original paint for me all day long.

Whenever ive sold a high end classic ive had the buyer have a pre purchase inspection done, the chap checks the car out with a paint depth gauge. Imagine if it showed the roof as having a different paint thickness - theyd think the car had been on its roof!
                            That is excessive.

If the car had very low mileage and was a supercar of considerable value (ie. Over £100k) or extremely rare thus irreplaceable then I might agree.

However, having some panels painted does not immediately point to crash damage. Ultimately, unless you have owned your MC from new, you will never know whether your car has had paint in the past and using a paint thickness gauge is just over the top.

If it is all about trust, if you explain that you have had the roof painted for cosmetic reasons, then you can either believe it or not as a buyer.

Maybe showing before and after but ultimately cars get scratched and stone chipped and would be seen as being 'neglected' if the paintwork wasn't rectified!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                              That is excessive.

If the car had very low mileage and was a supercar of considerable value (ie. Over £100k) or extremely rare thus irreplaceable then I might agree.

However, having some panels painted does not immediately point to crash damage. Ultimately, unless you have owned your MC from new, you will never know whether your car has had paint in the past and using a paint thickness gauge is just over the top.

If it is all about trust, if you explain that you have had the roof painted for cosmetic reasons, then you can either believe it or not as a buyer.

Maybe showing before and after but ultimately cars get scratched and stone chipped and would be seen as being 'neglected' if the paintwork wasn't rectified!
                              Completely agree with your viewpoint Rags.

I would paint the roof and as mentioned show photos of before and after.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Working...
                              X