Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think the time's come to sell (Silver S50 65k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think the time's come to sell (Silver S50 65k)

Well, after 3 years of ownership I have to admit that it's time to move on. The wife's expecting twins!

So my beloved Coupe's got to go. I'll get round to a proper ad, but for now:

Arctic Silver S50 w All black interior

Had her for 3 years and bought on 50k (now 65k), I work from home and use the Coupe on the weekends only. Mainly for touring holidays, I drive it like a very old person as can be vouched for by many other Z3M members that have seen my driving.

New Vanos start of last year as well as Vanos gears, boot floor's solid and so the two main worries of Coupe ownership are well covered (the vanos+gears set me back over 2k and it's now perfect).

Recent work: New water pump, new rear Pilots, front bumper respray, new rear top mounts.

Bodywork's in lovely condition as is the interior, engine's dry as a bone and there's absolutely no mechanical issues. Always run on V-Power and Oil changed regularly. She's a beauty. :(

Just passed MOT and taxed this month.

BAD POINTS:

There are two very slight door dings on the passenger side, but really, I'm OCD. There's a slight scrape needs blending in on the rear lip of the arch. Again, you have to look for it.

Driver's door actuator is playing up, so I lock it on the key.

Will need 2 new fron Pilots at some point this year, front discs are low, too. Still a few 1,000 in them yet though.

Worst bad bit, I bought the Coupe off fellow board member Gravy, with all of it's documentation and previous MOTs and servicing bills, but he didnt have the Service History book. I've bought one and phoned BMW to organize getting it stamped up to match the paperwork I have, but that was 6 months ago and I've still not sent it off. I know that's off putting but the paperwork's all here with MOTs that tally to the mileage as well as printouts of all the service history.

------------------------------------------------------------

If I'd got off my backside and chased the SH book up I'd be selling it for more but as it stand I'll be selling it at £10,500. It's a very clean car and mechanically sound. I'll be absolutely gutted to see it go but it's time to move on to a 320D Touring!

Some pics:

great news regarding the twins bad news about the coupe ,

good luck with a quick sale

Comment

Thanks Dave.

Yep, sad news about the Coupe. It's been awesome but I cant justify keeping a car just for me to use. Unless I could get the twins in the back!

Comment

Congrats on the twins!

If I was you, I'd consider getting that service book sorted out. Paperwork is so easy to fabricate these days so I reckon having a stamped book to validate it would be well worth your while.

Good luck with the sale. And the twins
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Thanks Fat Tony.

Yep, ideally I'd like to chase the SH book up and getting it up to date, but with that in order the price would go up from £10,500.

I've a ton of work on over the next couple of weeks so I've no time to make the calls and post the books off to BMW. I'll get to it if it doesn't sell beforehand. I hate chasing paperwork up.

Comment

Congrats on the twins....two lovely dogs too! man your gonna be busy! good luck with the sale....

Comment

I can confirm we had to stop for Martin several times on the run down to Donington Car looks good, assume the roof rack is part of the sale as a handy accessory? If you want the door dings gone I have a friend who can probably do them for a tiny fee.

Congratulations on the twins, I'm sure the dogs can make room for them in the back!! haha. My boy is 20 months old now so the first 6-weeks mega-tired stage seems a long time ago now!! Good luck with twins
              Last edited by c_w; 25-06-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Yes, going fast in the Coupe isn't for me. That's why I'm going for a diesel next!

Twins are due end of October but I may as well sell the Coupe on now so someone can have a nice summer in it. If we ever get a nice summer.

Not sure I'll be throwing the Thule in as I still want to keep the cycling going, though we'll see about that come twins time.

Not advertised it yet, I'd rather it went to a z3mcoupe member so I can follow it on the forum. One day I'll be back in one, say in 20 years maybe!

Comment

Just to say...

My friend has worked on this car and says its one of the nicest M coupes he has seen...Being an Ex main dealer tech and now a BMW indy its a glowing reccomendation

Good luck with the sale...

Comment

Originally posted by Alpinaman View Post
                    Just to say...
                    My friend has worked on this car and says its one of the nicest M coupes he has seen...Being an Ex main dealer tech and now a BMW indy its a glowing reccomendation
                    Thanks a lot Alpinaman. The Coupe always get a lot of attention when I take it to that indie, they've been great. Had an Insp2 there about 8,000 miles ago and they said it was the best condition S50 engine they'd seen.

They did the water pump and rear top mounts too a few months back.

Comment

SOLD!

Just watched the Coupe drive away with a lump in my throat. :(

Couldn't have gone to a nicer feller though, best of luck Ian and enjoy it. Definitely go touring in it whenever you get the chance.

I'll no doubt lurk the forum and one day (say in 20 years) be back in a Coupe. Best car ever. Thanks to all for the help and advice over the past few years, and it was great to meet all at the shows.

Martin

Comment

such a good deal, and looks absolutely mint, but i think that i have spotted in your engine bay shot, your oil cap may not be fully tight ? am i wrong?

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                        X