Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pains me to say it, but...

The coupe has gone..

You may remember I posted about warm/hot hatches a few weeks ago as I needed a more practical car.. A well known forum member contacted me as his brother was selling a mk 5 Golf GTi and he was looking for a coupe... After many email exchanges we met on Thursday night and a deal was done with me driving home to Jersey in a Golf GTi..

Its the first time I've actually bought/sold a car using my head and not my heart (the wife tells me thats a sign of getting old )

But I will absolutely be getting another coupe one day..

I'll leave it to the new owner to reveal his identity, but I'll continue to lurk and of course I'll be organising the calendar!

Thanks to everyone who's helped out with my various coupe questions..

Cheers

Phil
    BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
    ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Phil, what have you gone and done....! Nice cars though the Golf, get it chipped asap though!

Sounds like your car will have gone to an enthusiast so hopefully lessens the pain.

Good news on the calendar front, keeps you close to the MC!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Thinking about this, the buyer isn't Indy is it?!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
        Thinking about this, the buyer isn't Indy is it?!
        haha yes, this is me!

thanks to phil for the car, its in great condition for the mileage (credit to phil and silentbob, previous owner!)

there are absolutely no long term plans to keep it or anything, just wanted something a bit fun until the money returns from a sale.

my brothers golf has been getting very little use over the last year, and he had been thinking about selling it for some time. i saw phils post, and suggested a swap deal, to which in the end we agreed on!

all it will be for me, is low cost fun! i dont have to fork out the buying price, just the cost to run it, and fix any issues that arise (if any!)

we will probably advertise it for sale sometime soon, and run it whilst it is here

if we can make anything on it better/more desirable for the next owner during the time we have it, then we will. already spotted a few small things that can be bettered for little/no cost

first task is getting it back on UK plates
        then the rest will come naturally!

i still want to get hold of an S54 at some point, and that is still an aim for me probably never will though

my brother has taken a liking to the coupe already! he never liked mine, but after giving phils a run, commented on how nice it drove, and said he would like to use it for a few weeks

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
          haha yes, this is me!

thanks to phil for the car, its in great condition for the mileage (credit to phil and silentbob, previous owner!)

there are absolutely no long term plans to keep it or anything, just wanted something a bit fun until the money returns from a sale.

my brothers golf has been getting very little use over the last year, and he had been thinking about selling it for some time. i saw phils post, and suggested a swap deal, to which in the end we agreed on!

all it will be for me, is low cost fun! i dont have to fork out the buying price, just the cost to run it, and fix any issues that arise (if any!)

we will probably advertise it for sale sometime soon, and run it whilst it is here

if we can make anything on it better/more desirable for the next owner during the time we have it, then we will. already spotted a few small things that can be bettered for little/no cost

first task is getting it back on UK plates
          then the rest will come naturally!

i still want to get hold of an S54 at some point, and that is still an aim for me probably never will though

my brother has taken a liking to the coupe already! he never liked mine, but after giving phils a run, commented on how nice it drove, and said he would like to use it for a few weeks
          Good man!

So your brother has stumped up the money so you can drive a MC again?!

But of course Indy, this is no use without pictures!!

Comment

Heh, nice one Indy Enjoy!
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

good one Indy , stick around Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                Good man!

So your brother has stumped up the money so you can drive a MC again?!

But of course Indy, this is no use without pictures!!
                yep

my job was to advertise his car for sale. held out as i knew phil was looking for one, just needed to wait for a decision

ill get some pics up. but first i have to fix phils badge placement (and maybe a few other bits!)

cant do anything till it is registered, and that might take a short while

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                Heh, nice one Indy Enjoy!
                Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                good one Indy , stick around Phil
                thanks guys

Click here to email me

Comment

ill get some pics up. but first i have to fix phils badge placement
                  Hey I didn't fit any of the M badges

You won't get shot of me that easily..
                  BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
                  ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

Originally posted by oo 1005 View Post
                    Hey I didn't fit any of the M badges

You won't get shot of me that easily..
                    haha!

i am left with a tough choice, S50 or S54 badge positioning

with the badge being an S54 curved one, and much to everyones disgust. i might opt for the later positioning lol

Click here to email me

Comment

haha!

i am left with a tough choice, S50 or S54 badge positioning

with the badge being an S54 curved one, and much to everyones disgust. i might opt for the later positioning lol
                      Tut tut young man!

Comment

Working...
                      X