Bonnet catch - not 'catching'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet catch - not 'catching'

Had the bonnet open for the first time in a little while and upon trying to close it, it's not locking down. Now it's pi$$ing it down here so does someone know what it'll be to save me investigating/getting soaked?!?!

I'm guessing it's the catch that you pull to release rather than the two sprung pins?

Cheers
    Ian
    Last edited by Spooks; 29-03-2016, 06:37 PM.
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

After putting the kids to bed, running a bath and feeding the hedgehog (!), a touch of WD40 on the moving parts has done the trick!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I suspect it will have been one or both of the 2 catches that the sprung pins drop in to. The catch you pull to release at the front of the bonnet just stops it flying open if the sprung pin catches fail.

Could also be that the rubber stops on the slam panel are set a tad too high
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
        I suspect it will have been one or both of the 2 catches that the sprung pins drop in to. The catch you pull to release at the front of the bonnet just stops it flying open if the sprung pin catches fail.

Could also be that the rubber stops on the slam panel are set a tad too high
        Yeah, I'm also thinking it was the spring pin catches. Would they have been greased from new?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          Yeah, I'm also thinking it was the spring pin catches. Would they have been greased from new?
          Probably but I'm pretty sure they're a service item to lube too.
          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Give em a poke, copious amounts of WD and they will loosen.

Comment

Luckily no poking of harsh looking holes required

Comment

Working...
              X