Are they right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they right?

Car is in at the dealers for an Inspection 1. I gave them strict instruction not to proceed with any Non Warranty work without my consent. Anyway the call came in this afternoon and things which are not covered are
    1. 20 tappets require replacing (£100 in total)
    2. Auxillary belt £75
    3. Vent duct broken on dashboard to the right of the steering wheel. No price at the moment. (Sure a loose or broken duct needs to be on warranty???

Just wanna check what you guys think? Are they right?

Also with 20 tappets require replacing I would have expected to see a marked reduction in performance but from the Welsh Weekend there was no evidence of that.

Cheers

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Re: Are they right?

Originally posted by Greenbat
    Also with 20 tappets require replacing I would have expected to see a marked reduction in performance but from the Welsh Weekend there was no evidence of that.
    I agree with you there buddy :twisted:

Comment

Re: Are they right?

Originally posted by Greenbat

Cheers

Greenbat
      Not necessarily, the clearance has to be only tiny for them to be out and IMO won't affect performance that much (if at all), just tappet noise.

Comment

Working...
      X