Gaz coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaz coilovers

Hi guys as you might know from my for sale thread ive sold my previous KWv3 set up with the plan of getting an intrax kit.

But I was persuaded by a friend to try a Gaz gold setup.
    The kit consists of.....
    -full rear coilover conversion with solid aluminum rear mounts (correctly spaced to miss the inside arch)
    -the usual front coilover as per KW setup
    -both front and rear have 24 different settings controlled by one knob on the side of the shock
    -springs also powercoated to stop them rusting

you can get adjustable front mounts which control camber and caster for only £135, i have decided to leave these for now and returned to swapped standard bmw mounts, ill get some kmac mounts soon.

I got the kit on the car on monday afternoon i set up the heights up roughly front and rear but left the adjustable settings on there lowest. I drove it home from my friends workshop and i have to say im hugely impressed by the ride, the spring rates seem to be spot on.
    The only downside with the kit is that it's not supplied with shorter drop links but Gaz have offered to shorten and strengthen a set of standard ones for free if i send some down to them (so cant complain to much)

The whole kit is only £881, which looking at the quality of the kit the after sales reputation they are building up not to mention them putting up with all my questions seems great value.

One of the other reason i was persuaded to try the kit is that in the future i can change the springs to different rates for only £22.50 each, also they can rebuild the shocks for only £25 each!

Ill report back once ive had a chance to drive it with the drop links all connected up.

So far on the car ive had standard suspension, ACS, KWv3's and now the Gaz and as first impressions go they are leagues ahead not to mention the cheapest! If you are looking for a proper coilover all round and the ability to customise it you and your car i would recommend Gaz 100%

Cheers
    Matt

Sounds great mate.

Glad you found a seller so soon for the KWs too... Anyone on here?

I am in talks with Gaz at the moment too as it happens

Like you say, people often moan about the galvanised construction etc, but with after sales service so good, what does it matter if you need to have them looked at every couple years - for the price they offer rebuild/regasses and change of spring rates etc, nothing can compare. Really nice to see a UK company offering such homegrown expertise with great after-sales.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
      Sounds great mate.

Glad you found a seller so soon for the KWs too... Anyone on here?

I am in talks with Gaz at the moment too as it happens

Like you say, people often moan about the galvanised construction etc, but with after sales service so good, what does it matter if you need to have them looked at every couple years - for the price they offer rebuild/regasses and change of spring rates etc, nothing can compare. Really nice to see a UK company offering such homegrown expertise with great after-sales.
      Sold them to a guy on zroadster in the end.

I did speak to Leda too, but Gaz were brilliant from start to finish, and a lot easier to get things sorted with UK companies than having to send stuff back to germany or holland. Not to mention that intrax have had some longevity issues which look nasty to say the least! They have two e30 race cars with the gold set up on so they really are the best people for the rear suspension on our cars.

With the outside finish im not to bothered as its pretty easy to take the wheels off and get a bit of metal polish and even a bit of copper grease on the threads (not that the height will need adjusting that much)
      Also i had some galvanized KW's on a previous car and never had any issues with them in 60k and 3 years of use

If you pop up to basildon to pick them up and ask nicely they might do you a cash deal too ;)

Comment

Working...
      X