Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers window not dropping/responding to switch

Evening all.

My drivers side window has decided to stop dropping when the door is opened and will not respond to the window switch.

I can still hear the relay clicking when I operate the swicth but nothings happens. Only a month or so ago I silicone sprayed the same window as it had become slow (again) but had been working lovely and smoothly since then.

I have had this before and with a gentle tap of the trim near the tweeter in the door it has worked again. This doesnt seem to fix it anymore!

Does anyone know what this could be? Knackered motor?

Any help would be most appreciated as usual!

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Anyone any ideas??
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      Anyone any ideas??
      regulator maybe

Comment

The thing I have looked about regulators are for the central locking. Is there also one for the window mechanism?

Comment

Not specific to the window,but i have had lots of daft things play up then start working perfectly again without replacement,generally i have found that by taking the offending object apart cleaning including power contacts the thing works well again,i would remove door card etc..and have look/clean...its got to come off to replace parts if its shot anyway,just be carefull make sure all the electrical are clean etc...always worth ago! ive had this with oil guage/outside temp guage,widows etc....good luck mate..

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
            Not specific to the window,but i have had lots of daft things play up then start working perfectly again without replacement,generally i have found that by taking the offending object apart cleaning including power contacts the thing works well again,i would remove door card etc..and have look/clean...its got to come off to replace parts if its shot anyway,just be carefull make sure all the electrical are clean etc...always worth ago! ive had this with oil guage/outside temp guage,widows etc....good luck mate..
            , sorry by regulator I mean the mechanism that is worked by the motor, part #1

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
              I think thats what its going to have to be as it did it before then worked again for months! Im going to order a trim removal tool as per the "Knowledge Base" guide on removing the door cards so I dont damage anything else.

Originally posted by dave p View Post
              , sorry by regulator I mean the mechanism that is worked by the motor, part #1

Is this from RealOEM Dave? If so, what section is it under? I have been looking for that diagram but cant find it at all!

Thanks guys.

Comment

yes realoem,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...75&hg=51&fg=10

Comment

Cheers Dave, that was starting to drive me mad, I just couldnt see it for looking!!

Comment

Working...
                  X