Replacing BMW bonnet badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing BMW bonnet badge

Having bought a new bonnet badge from a forum member I found this how to guide ,

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...30-Roundel.htm

Is there a guide to sucking eggs also Dave?!!
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
      Is there a guide to sucking eggs also Dave?!!
      shall I not bother posting information? I didn't know how to remove the badge before reading the guide now I do.

Comment

i done this on my 5 series a couple of times, its an ass! the grommets snapped both times, and were a bit of hassle to get out.

twice! the badges got badly stonechipped, and theyre not cheap to buy and replace!!!

its actually bit of a skill you need, to get them out without damaging the paint! if youve done it before its easy, but if you didnt know how, im pretty sure you'd end up chipping some paint off the bonnet or something equally as annoying, making you wish you'd just left the old one in place

first time i got a replacement badge, was off a used bonnet, the badge was mint but the bonnet was bent, so i didnt mind leaving a few scars on it

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
          shall I not bother posting information? I didn't know how to remove the badge before reading the guide now I do.
          Please keep posting. Believe me, I need all the help I can get, lol
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Keep on posting Dave, didn't mean to offend.
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

WE need ALL the help.

Whats common knowledge and simple to fix for some owners----is a Nightmare for others who want ALL the help they can get.

Dave--please KEEP posting!!!!!.Its what makes this forum special.
              safetyfast

Comment

Dave P,

I'd always rather some one teach me to suck eggs than assume that I actually know how to suck them already. Please do keep posting anything that you think one other forum member might find useful if not everyone.
                /// Exdos ///
                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

So, this sucking eggs... any instructions to download? ;)
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Glad we sorted all that - I thought a certain chap called Neil may have hacked back in.......!!!
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
                      Dave P,

I'd always rather some one teach me to suck eggs than assume that I actually know how to suck them already. Please do keep posting anything that you think one other forum member might find useful if not everyone.
                      Total aggreement mate!!!

Comment

My recently fitted front badge came apart on the M60 so new one bought from stealers,

51.14.8.132.375 £23.23 badge
                        51.14.1.807.495 £ .39p grommets

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                          Having bought a new bonnet badge from a forum member I found this how to guide ,

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...30-Roundel.htm
                          Having never done this, could you use dental floss rather than a screwdriver? I used dental floss when I changed the M badges and it worked like a charm.
                          From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Originally posted by dalecan View Post
                            Having never done this, could you use dental floss rather than a screwdriver? I used dental floss when I changed the M badges and it worked like a charm.
                            the bonnet badge has two pins which fit into grommets inside the bonnet skin so you do need to pry it off rather than cut.

Comment

was looking for the PN for a new badge.

cheers for this post! need to get round to finding a new one of these badges, as the one on our coupe has seen better days

seems it has gone up to £28.04 now

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                              X