Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Fitment question

Hi Guys.

Will a set of wheels with these dimensions suit the breadvan?

17". Front 9.5j ET26, Rear 10.5j ET14

They are a set of BBS RFs that i have been pining after for a long time. I've finally found a set that are in the condition i want.

Thanks for your input lads/ladies.

Rears are good without a spacer, you could add a small spacer still.

The fronts I think are just a bit too wide to just bolt on; only chance of it working is if you're top mounts are swapped and they might actually work ok. For reference, with my top mounts swapped I run a 9J front ET35 and they don't poke (not even flush). They should fit on without needing a spacer.

With that width rear what tyre size would you be going for? Quite limited in 17s unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

On both accounts i'm in need of further advice.

What do i need to do with the top mounts? Swap them for a different mount or can i modify? Apologies for the ignorance.

With regards to tyre choice, i'm not at all sure. What are your reccomendations and for what reason if you don't mind me asking? I had always been curious about stretching tyres as i think it looks good aesthetically, also makes the wheels look bigger and without a big black border.

Thanks for your advice, Jamie.

Comment

The Z3M top mounts are offset so that when you swap them L<>R so they are on the "wrong" side it gives negative camber and brings the top of the wheel in, so you have more arch space and potential to fit wider and/or lower offset wheels.

Regarding the tyres, unlike 18s or 19s which have a big range of wide and low profiles to suit any whim, with 17" tyres you are quite limited on wide tyres without going too tall, 255/40 is realistically the widest tyre you can go without it look too tall (next step up is 265/40 or 275/40, both of which will look like balloons and make the wheel look small). There used to be a 275/35/17 in production by Bridgestone(?) but non-existent now, that tyre would be fantastic for many people running wide 17s.

A 255/40 road tyre should fit a 10.5J wheel ok with a bit of stretch. I run 255/40 on 10J (albeit semi slicks) and they sit quite square).

Comment

So I've now found a set that have the following dimensions. 17" front 8.5 with et 13 and rear 9.5 with et 13 also. How will these fit mate?

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Rear will sit same as stock wheel (outside face), so would benefit from a 10-20mm spacer.

The front is low offset, but they're the same as some of mine and whilst they do poke, I run the swapped top mounts and 215/40 front tyres on those ones. They can be made to work, but more of a "tuner" set up, rather than bolt on.

Comment

Thanks again for the advice buddy.

I'll be looking out for a set of spacers then

Comment

Working...
              X