Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" Offset question

Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting some 18"x8 Fronts and 18"x10 Rears (Work VSXX in Burning black) Decided against the 19's that i was looking at as i think they may just be too big.

I think the Rear Offset ET15 is suitable and may not need spacers to fill the arch. ??

What offset would you suggest for the fronts so to do away with the requiremnt for spacers. ET34 on an 8" rim

cheers

David
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Just worked out that ET15 on a 10" rear will only extend 6mm further out than OEM and about 19.5mm less clearance on the inner side. Obviously I would like my rims to sit as far out as possible (but still within the arch)

Been thinking about the offsets and have done some more calcs and have discovered that an ET5 should reduce the inner clearance by 10mm and the outside of the wheel will extend +16mm further outwards. Does this sound a better fit or will the wheel stick too far out.

How much extra width can you put on the outside of the wheel without any issues or sticking out past the arch compared to OEM wheels as like C_W stated on another foorum the OEM wheels sit pretty far in.

Unfortuneatly i havent got my car at the mo so cant check out available space.

cheers
    david

Comment

They sit noticeably in when the car is lowered a bit (and do as standard, just more when lowered); mine isn't excessively low though, and I've currently got 10mm spacers on the rear which fill the arches much better but I think a 15mm spacer would make them start to sit a little TOO flush/far out.

So, if you could get a standard offset (ie ET8 or ET10) wheel that is 10J it should fit where you want it - but ET15 will be ok too; it will still sit out 6mm more than a standard wheel. Do the wheels you're after come in such a big range of offsets?

I think a lot of people on here with aftermarket wheels are running spacers, hopefully they will reply to say what they are. The problem is the Z3M has unusual rear offsets, even lower than E46 M3 / CSL which are around ET20/25 AFAIK.

Comment

I have ET20 and 10mm spacer. Will put 20mm to make the car look better.
        S50 - '99 Imola Red/Red-Black
        Mods - KW V3, Powerflex Bushes, Wiechers Strut Brace, H&R ARBs, FOX exhaust, KT4 New Racer 18" wheels, Pagid racing brake pads (yellow), Motul rfb600 racing fuids, untill now ;)

Comment

david your welcome to check mine out and i have a new wheel you can measure for the off set and you can check the spacers im not too far away either
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

before you order your wheels with a set of offset that you are after, check out the thread that I started... about the M coupe chassis... you would like to make sure that you have the right wheels for the side that stick out a bit than the other side, otherwise you might have a funny looking stance.... and of course if your car doesn't suffer from this issue from the factory, it is all cool and nothing to worry about!!!

Best of luck and please share a few pics with us later!

cheers,

richie
            M Coupe from Australia

Comment

Thanks all

Thanks all.

C_w: The wheels are custom machined so pretty much any offset is possible. Although there is a custom price and an 8 week wait. :(

At the minute I am looking at 8" ET34 Front and ET13 Rears. Atleast if i go with a slightly larger offset I am in safe teritory as i can always add 5-10mm spacers later if feel the need. Last think i want is the wheel sticking out too far.

Ragerover: Thnaks for the offer mate, I think that maybe a good idea. I am busy working most of weekend but maybe in touch later in the week.

MCOUP: I have read you thread and i think.....hopefully that mine is OK. Having said that with the wheels sitting in OEM distance in its harder to notice.

Thanks again for you help.

David

Comment

Working...
              X