X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastdrive View Post
    yes but z3m is better.
    I agree!!!
    ///M Coupe 2001 S54 Steel Grey - Paulo M.
    -------------------------------------------
    ----- Sporting Clube Portugal - Forever -----

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
      I've always liked the looks of the Z4MCs, but usually dislike light silver cars... However both those Z4MCs are eye wateringly beautiful!
      one of them is the same silver colour as your M3

Click here to email me

Comment

@ Exdos - I never notivced that gloss roof wrap before. A very clever trick, it works so well with the lines and really does look superb.

Originally posted by indy View Post
        one of them is the same silver colour as your M3
        Let me clarify Indy! In my OP I said I dislike light silver car. Just so uninspiring (IMO of course), the sea of silver of silver fleet cars you see on the roads (Mercedes Benz's especially) you see everywhere on the road ruined it for me.

Silver grey is a completely different kettle of fish - a rich, deep and complex metallic grey colour that appears to change between dark and light tones with a subtle hint of blue, depending on lighting conditions... IMO again of course

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
          @ Exdos - I never notivced that gloss roof wrap before. A very clever trick, it works so well with the lines and really does look superb.

Let me clarify Indy! In my OP I said I dislike light silver car. Just so uninspiring (IMO of course), the sea of silver of silver fleet cars you see on the roads (Mercedes Benz's especially) you see everywhere on the road ruined it for me.

Silver grey is a completely different kettle of fish - a rich, deep and complex metallic grey colour that appears to change between dark and light tones with a subtle hint of blue, depending on lighting conditions... IMO again of course
          Look up Opalescent Gunmetal - it's a colour applied to the E-Type. I'd love an M Coupé in that colour, with black/grey interior.

Comment

Here's a couple more that the guy with the Silver Z4MC with black wrap roof has posted. The effect of the black roof and lowering makes the bonnet look soooooooooooo long and the cabin so squat.

/// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

^^^Very very clever. Those two shot illustrate the effect of the illusion perfectly, and it works brilliantly.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Looks fantastic.

Are there any side-on daylight photos anywhere exdos? I'm interested to see how well the illusion works when it contrasts the surroundings, rather than blends in to the,.

This same thing did cross my mind when I got my MC, but I don't think that it would work as well as on the Z4MC
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                  Looks fantastic.

Are there any side-on daylight photos anywhere exdos? I'm interested to see how well the illusion works when it contrasts the surroundings, rather than blends in to the,.

This same thing did cross my mind when I got my MC, but I don't think that it would work as well as on the Z4MC
                  Here you go! Part of the effect is the excellent photography, but even so, it does look superb!

I think the last photo shows what a stunning and elegant design the Z4MC is: every line and contour serves a purpose.

Last edited by exdos; 03-10-2012, 03:08 PM.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Great pictures..........

The lines of the Z4M are gorgeous......

Comment

Some real inconstancy in the badge placing there.

Calling Indy.....come in Indy.....
                      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Working...
                      X