Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket Headlamps - whats out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Headlamps - whats out there?

Folks

My standard headlamps are past their best.

In the old days (2006) I bought some depo's on a group buy, never fitted them and promptly sold them on.

I know CW has a set which look very nice, where can I buy some?

R

It's only those SONAR chinese ones I'm aware of, in black or full chrome. Mine are modified though to make them look a bit less aftermarket. I've got rid of the halos, added OE indicator lense (they fit pretty well), painted the shroud black, and brought the projector forward so it doesn't look "lost" in the shroud. On my car they are now around 10years old the front lenses have some chips (but still look pretty good for their age, better than the OE lasted IMO).

I've actually bought some new SONARs in full chrome this time (no I'm not going to leave them all-chrome!) and I have a plan to customise them but I wanted some original chrome finish where the all black were too black if that makes sense.

For original headlights, I was at Silverstone I was looking at DavePs car which has brand new headlights fitted and when comparing them to the chrome-ringed lights, I do actually prefer the older OE lights.

Comment

Thanks for the info, what about these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311940153752

Comment

Them's the ones. Just make sure they're RHD though!

Comment

Working...
        X