About to Buy S Reg 1999 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpinaman View Post
    The clutch is a little heavy for me and it plays up my bad leg (old bike accident),so i may consider selling it...
    I don't find the clutch in my S50 heavy at all (and I'm a 10 stone wimp, lol). If that's your only reason for considering selling, I'd invest some time in getting to the bottom of why it feels heavy - you may be able to sort it
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

My wife doesnt find the clutch heavy either,but i did give my leg a good going over 21 years ago after a bad motorbike crash.. Had to have some heavy opps and physio for years after..

I have had manual cars since inc M3's,B10's,Impreza's,Skylines and other bits and bobs but also go back to auto's in the end..

Wanted a ZMC since they have been released so when the chance came,i took it...

If the car was a weekend only machine it wouldnt be a problem,but we need use it everyday..

Comment

Yea...

Bought my M coupe around 2 months ago and a have spent nearly £2000 getting it to where i want it,and ironing out niggles and problems..

The clutch is a little heavy for me and it plays up my bad leg (old bike accident),so i may consider selling it...

Like your B3,i may lose some money in a very short time..:(
        If you struggle with the M Coupe clutch then the M5 would be heavy for you as well...
        However the acceleration M5 that can hit you like a hammer is awesome... :)

What does your M coupe look like? And what was wrong with it that you had top put right?
        Cheers
        MigsAngel

Comment

My coupe is a 2000 W..Silver with all black leather...FULL BMW history with Vanos done at Mr Vanos and Tracker retrieve fitted.

I had the front of the car(bonnet,bumper and front wings) totally repainted due to stonechips and a scab near one of the kidney grills.

Had the drivers side mirror removed and repainted at the base was getting crusty (common fault)

I had the all the wheels refurbed in black shadow chrome.

Inspection 2 with Dexos 2 spec oil..

Replaced the boot struts,as the old ones were weak.(common fault)

Air con dryer and seals on dryer and condensor replaced. System regas.(common fault)

Bonnet switch replaced after alarm intermittantly sounded off.(common fault)

Fitted 12mm spacers and longer bolts...This is to stagger the wheels out slightly. Its a common mod due to the wheels looking slightly "tucked under" the arches when standard..

Replaced bonnet and boot badges as they were discoloured and delaminated

Fixed the washer pipe as it emptied the bottle overnight (common fault)

Fitted a HID kit in the headlights,as the standard lights are woefull.

Fitted LED sidelights to match the HID kit

Fitted steel number plates and M sport mounts

New wiper blades front and rear

Door airbag badge was missing,replaced that..

Petrol flap rubber pip missing.....Replaced that...

Fitted low mileage(32k) rear shocks off Dave P.. My nearside rear had a slight weep.

£1820 in 6 weeks...........lol........

Here are the pics from when i bought it....

I dont have any good upto date pictures... But Dave P took a couple when we were at the Northern BMW festival.

Last edited by Alpinaman; 01-08-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Very nice...

If you end up deciding to sell in future then keep me in mind...unless i buy another one before that time...
            Cheers
            MigsAngel

Comment

I may sell it..

Just the deal would have to be right with me spending a lot on it recently..

I realise i wont get back what the car now owes me,i have a long history of doing that........lol.........

Comment

Would be a shame if you sold it so soon, especially after all the hard work and money you have put into it.

Would certainly try changing the clutch hose, got to be worth another £100 or so?!
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Quite agree...

Im just working out which clutch pipe i need as there seems to be 2 listed on the Earls site..
                  Even realoem springs up 2 possibilities,so i will get another and have it fitted..

May as well break the £2000 barrier spent eh!!

Edit.........

Bought some rear arch stone protectors from Just Roadster...£2k barrier broken...........lol........
                  Last edited by Alpinaman; 02-08-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Quite agree...

Im just working out which clutch pipe i need as there seems to be 2 listed on the Earls site..
                    Even realoem springs up 2 possibilities,so i will get another and have it fitted..

May as well break the £2000 barrier spent eh!!

Edit.........

Bought some rear arch stone protectors from Just Roadster...£2k barrier broken...........lol........
                    These things are like Pringles, once you pop.....!
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

^^^^^^^^

OT...

But i promise to get some pics soon Spooks....Been promising for weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X