No announcement yet.

Quality floor mats - any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to say,mine also came from Rossiters,and i was not impressed by the Quality at all,bought about 18 months ago,and already worn by the heal of my right foot,and no i stopped wearing my high heels while driving! and i have not done 8k on them,maybe yours will be better than mine,i bought a great set of mats from a fella up north which was far superior,but i cant track them down at the moment,

Comment

Now you say....!!

I'm hoping the claim as same manufacturer as OE should give something that lasts as long as the original set.... do we have a fingers crossed emoticon?!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Spooks I did say earlier on in the thread !

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
          Spooks I did say earlier on in the thread !
          Oh....
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Well the mats arrived today, can't complain about the speed of despatch/delivery. However, they aren't the same as my existing mats (assuming they are the originals), some elements better, others worse....

Different pile with the new being far thinner and more synthetic...

The backing of the new mats are better, being rubberised rather than foam...

Colour is difficult to judge as my old mats have obviously faded, gotten filthy (and also been limped along with duck tape!)...

Time will tell how they last.

Now I've bored you with a thesis on mats, I'll leave you to

Comment

I think BMW will have changed suppliers over the years so its unlikely to get the same mats after a few years, I think original mats supplied with the coupe had screw fixings?

Comment

Rather than the Velcro corners that go onto the screws that are in the main carpet?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                  Rather than the Velcro corners that go onto the screws that are in the main carpet?
                  here's the original mats from mine

Comment

Ah right yeah, I know what you mean now.

I had always assumed mine were the originals as I've had the car from 3.5 years old, maybe not, or maybe different suppliers and types along the way.

Comment

Spooks, how are the mats holding up?

Looking to buy a set from there too.

http://nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BM...-2-03.html#a68

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                        Spooks, how are the mats holding up?

Looking to buy a set from there too.

http://nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BM...-2-03.html#a68
                        Ordered a set of these today, Nigel the owner was extremely helpful, seems I currently have the S54 mats with Velcro fixings these will be changed out for S50 style with plastic rivets.

I'll post up my findings when they arrive.

Comment

My original mats were the "plastic rivets", replacement (from BMW) were Velcro,
                          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                            My original mats were the "plastic rivets", replacement (from BMW) were Velcro,
                            NM have both the rivet and Velcro type.... I'm going with the plastic rivet type seeing as these were originally spec on the S50

Comment

I'm desperate for new matts but was intending to get some with a saucy little 'm' logo on.
                              I gave up on that for some reason - I think that was because I couldn't find any that used the rivets.

Might have to just get a set of these.
                              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                                I'm desperate for new matts but was intending to get some with a saucy little 'm' logo on.
                                I gave up on that for some reason - I think that was because I couldn't find any that used the rivets.

Might have to just get a set of these.
                                Link

http://www.nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BMW-Z3--Mats.html

Comment

Working...
                                X