Need help on parts missing from my MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on parts missing from my MC

My MC had the CD changer (not sure if they all did) but PO has pulled it out and left a big hole where it was. Obviously want to get that covered up so been searching the EPC trying to find whether there is a cover that goes over the opening or whether I need a whole new trim piece that doesn't have an opening for the CD changer.

Can't find either and it is driving me crazy.

Can anyone help with what I need (a cover or a new trim) and even better, a part number or link on realoem. Here's a pic to show what I mean:

Also, here's a pic from my boot - I'm guessing something is missing as it looks like a velcro strap holding ... nothing. What am I missing? M sealant kit maybe?

Thanks a lot ...
    2000 Dakar MC
    1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
    2004 545i Sport

Most of the CD changer covers have gone missing over the years. I have been looking for one for ages. They fall off just as easily as the speaker grill!
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

i have mine and was wondering how to go about making a mould from it and therefore replicating it. then i can sell it to the rest of you for a small charge (only joking)

but serioulsy if anyone know how we can replicate it then you can borrow it.

Comment

cover

wonder if ben can make one if he can ill have one
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I think it's this, very pricey for a little piece of plastic!!!

11 COVER SCHWARZ 1 51478407258 $64.73(!)

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...23&hg=51&fg=35.

I've put up without having one but it doesn't look as bad when the CD changer is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post

I've put up without having one but it doesn't look as bad when the CD changer is in there.
            Yes that is it. seems a lot for that
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post

Thank you very much Chris - that's exactly what I am after. I kept skipping over that section of the EPC thinking it was only the rear console & oddments parts etc - feel very stupid about that now.

I see the part is available online from US vendors for around the US$40 mark - not too bad. Will find out what it is worth here in the Uk and then buy one accordingly.

Any comments about my second picture above with a velcro strap that doesn't have anything in it?

And apologies if it is a stupid question - I am just going off the photos of my MC that have been sent to me (recently bought the MC in NZ, but am currently over here in London so haven't actually seen the car myself yet).
              2000 Dakar MC
              1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
              2004 545i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Any comments about my second picture above with a velcro strap that doesn't have anything in it?
                Assuming I am looking at it correctly, that is the 'storage' compartment on the right hand side of the boot floor. In which case then there is nothing missing! On the non-M Z3 coupes/roadsters it contains the jack and wheel brace. However as the MC doesn't have a spare wheel it is empty as standard, but the moulding is the same. If you want to, you can buy a standard Z3 jack and wheel brace and they will fit in there, (which is what I have done).

Comment

On the second picture ive got an oem first aid kit not sure if it was put there from new but fits quite snug

Comment

Thanks L0WRY - that puts my mind at ease. Might get one to put there then (have the OEM one in my Z3 and had one in the MR) - don't know why but I like to have all the bits it came with originally ....
                    2000 Dakar MC
                    1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
                    2004 545i Sport

Comment

i have a 1st aid kit for sale...
                      in its orig. cellophane wrapper, but the 'use by' date on some of the products will have lapsed ...
                      The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                      RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
                        i have a 1st aid kit for sale...
                        in its orig. cellophane wrapper, but the 'use by' date on some of the products will have lapsed ...
                        Hi Trundler - I'm interested and will PM you - cheers
                        2000 Dakar MC
                        1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
                        2004 545i Sport

Comment

Working...
                        X