Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMWCCGB Zedfest, 26 – 28 July 2013, Silverstone Circuit

Calling all zed enthusiasts…

Following the huge success of the inaugural BMWCCGB zedfest in 2012 I am pleased to announce that there will be another in 2013! The BMWCCGB are once again hosting a zed festival at the Silverstone circuit and it will be a feature event in the Silverstone Classic weekend. As last year, the BMW Car Club Zed Register is providing the unique opportunity to bring the whole zed family together for one weekend. We are endeavouring to gather as many zeds together as possible that will culminate in a parade lap of the circuit at approximately 6pm on Saturday 27th July. The BMWCCGB is also hosting an ///M-fest at the event so, alongside our zeds, it will be a fantastic spectacle!

The Silverstone Classic booking office has now opened and we have received a club discount code (C13225, link to booking page here) to enable zed owners displaying their cars with us on the special BMWCCGB area to receive buy one, get one free adult entrance tickets (ensure that you select one of the ‘CCM PACKAGE’ tickets). As well as the entrance tickets you’ll receive an infield display parking pass at the lowest possible purchase price up until March 31st. Note that you will need to nominate the car you will take, as the model and the registration number will be pre-printed onto the pass. Have these details available when you make your booking.

In addition to discounted entrance tickets our friends at zroadster.org have kindly agreed to organise accommodation discount for zedfest 2013 participants and coordinate a mass convoy to Silverstone. Details here. In addition, we can take advantage of an Indian buffet on the Saturday evening at each of the Holiday Inn Express hotels for £13.95 per person. We’ll have a dedicated room set aside for us and it should provide an excellent opportunity to catch up on the day’s events when we return to the hotels after the parade lap. I’m sure you’ll realise that in order to make this viable I need to know whether you’re going to stay at one of the nominated hotels and if you will use the buffet. Please let me know on this thread and I’ll coordinate with the organisers.

If you’re not going to stay at one of the hotels then you can still take advantage of the cruise to the circuit by meeting up at either Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes or Northampton and grab a bite of breakfast before we leave. The cruises will leave Milton Keynes at 8am, go via Holiday Inn Express Northampton before departing for Silverstone at 8.30. Take a look at this video to whet your appetite.

Register your attendance on this thread; I’ll keep this first post up to date with numbers registered from other forums too. Remember to keep an eye on this thread for updates of what to expect on the day. Keep your diary free for the last weekend in July 2013, it’s gonna be great!

Numbers attending from other zed forums:

30 from z4-forum.com
    31 from zroadster.net
    23 from zroadster.org

- Update 20 July -

Due to a late change by the Silverstone Classic organisers we've had to revise the BMWCCGB layout. I've taken the opportunity to incorporate feedback received to date and the club has settled on the layout outlined in the diagram below.

Overall circuit plan (BMWCCGB between the numbers 8 and 12 on the diagram, note that the pink/purple area is tarmac, the blue area is grass):

This is how we will arrange the BMWCCGB area and the supporting forums on the Saturday:

We will marshal participant's cars on each of the days as follows:

Friday
    Selected cars plus first come first served on the ‘BMW Display’ area
    MPower cars in the MPower area
    Alpina cars on the Alpina area
    Fill up the All BMW (14) tarmac area
    Everyone else on the grass (no specific forum areas)

Saturday as per the layout diagram (MPower zeds will locate with the other zeds on the grassed area)

Sunday
    E30s plus selected cars on the ‘BMW Display’ area
    MPower cars in the MPower area
    Alpina cars on the Alpina area
    Fill up the All BMW (14) tarmac area
    Everyone else on the grass (no specific forum areas)
    Last edited by Ian_C; 21-07-2013, 03:16 PM. Reason: Updated layout added
    1998 ///M Coupe

See you there,

Comment

Wow, that really is planning ahead - get the good weather booked in with the big man!

It was a good day out this year, plenty to see and do.
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

UPDATE 15/10/12
        Take a look at the initial post for an update regarding accommodation discounts and a potential zed convoy to Silverstone.
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

from roadster forum .org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlsIr...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Early bird tickets now on sale,

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/pa...002_11945_4001

Comment

apparently the world is ending in a few days, so you might wanna hold out till then and use the funds as a last minute backup plan for the biggest hooker party ever

Click here to email me

Comment

Will be there for the masters, Aston DB4 this year :) ill actually try and arrange to come and park with you guys this year :)
                ///Made for sideways action

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                  apparently the world is ending in a few days, so you might wanna hold out till then and use the funds as a last minute backup plan for the biggest hooker party ever
                  Is that where your spare cash goes...!
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

UPDATE – 16/12/12

1st post revised and BMWCCGB discount code added.
                    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

FURTHER UPDATE – 16/12/12
                      Hotel discount links added to 1st post and here
                      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Large article in this months BMW Car Club magazine

Comment

I looking to go this year most likely the Saturday and Sunday staying overnight somewhere local (Holiday Inn - Rugby from the info in first post). With not being there last year any tips for this year?

I did have a few questions but they have all been answered by the introduction post (should have read that first!!). I'll get my booking done shortly.
                          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                          1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Booked accommodation for the Saturday night. Just got circuit tickets to purchase.

I see the number in favour is of another Big Meet has gone up to 30.

COME ON LETS MAKE A BIG PUSH TO GET THE NUMBERS UP FURTHER!!!!

Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                            1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Ill be going to this aswell . Dont know if ill so the whole weekend . What was it like last year , what was the best day ?
                              2ND GEAR SIDEWAYS ///M

Comment

Working...
                              X