Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock issues

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been covered before but my clocks slowly loosing time. Any way to get to fixed or replaced?

Cheers,

Not sure about fixing it but in terms of replacing it, when I ordered my new Oil temp gauge a couple of weeks ago from BMW they had the Clock listed at £110 ish.... Turns out time is indeed, Money!

Comment

Originally posted by Planetxking View Post
      Not sure about fixing it but in terms of replacing it, when I ordered my new Oil temp gauge a couple of weeks ago from BMW they had the Clock listed at £110 ish.... Turns out time is indeed, Money!
      At least they still have them

Time is money indeed

Comment

On a marginally more serious note... if you do win the lotto and get a new clock. they come with the light bulb fitted, however the newer light bulbs are a little brighter that the old one (i think one is 5w and the other 3w) so if you are remotely OCD, when you swap the clocks over, take the bulb out the old one and swap them too!

Comment

Originally posted by Planetxking View Post
          On a marginally more serious note... if you do win the lotto and get a new clock. they come with the light bulb fitted, however the newer light bulbs are a little brighter that the old one (i think one is 5w and the other 3w) so if you are remotely OCD, when you swap the clocks over, take the bulb out the old one and swap them too!
          Thank you for that!

Until I win the lotto, I'll be resetting the coupes clock each day on the way to work as I let her warm up for a bit in the garage and pick out an album for the commute

Comment

I have the same symptom...
            Wonder how to cure

Comment

new clocks for the S50 are now showing as £240

http://www.cooper-bmw-parts.co.uk/in...com_virtuemart

Comment

S54 clocks only £105?

http://www.cooper-bmw-parts.co.uk/in...com_virtuemart

Comment

Do you find it's always losing time? Mine doesn't lose time if I'm using the car daily, but does if I'm not. Clock or battery issue?
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Need a new flux capacitor
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                      Need a new flux capacitor
                      I hate to think what the stearlership would charge for that!

Might get my muffler bearings replaced also

Comment

I have the same problem and have been looking at a replacement clock from the States. However in the meantime I've been lead to be believe that there is an adjustment screw on the rear of the analogue clocks which allow the time to be recalibrated with a bit of trial and error over a period of time. This info came from two completely different sources but due building/kitchen renovation work here at home I just haven't time to verify this fact.
                        Anyone checked and tried this yet?
                        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                        1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Here's the back of the gauges - I don't remember seeing anyway of adjustment on the clock? (clock on left)

Comment

Old thread I know, but has anybody successfully sorted a dodgy clock? Mine holds time for a while but then decides it wants to stop working for [literally] the majority of the time.
                            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

It is a weird one isn't it? Mine keeps time when the car's in use, but with the ignition off, slowly loses time.
                              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Working...
                              X