Warranty repair of seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty repair of seat

has anyone had their loose seat fixed under bmw extended warranty, my local dealer says its not covered due to wear and tear even though my coupe has only done 36k miles, they say it needs a new seat frame to fix the problem.

Assuming it's the "usual" problem of the rubber bushes on the rails softening, no, it doesn't need a new seat frame, it just needs new bushes, which even BMW list as a separate part. The symptoms of this problem are the seat moving by just a mm or so under firm braking or acceleration. Barely visible, but enough to be annoying.

The BMW part is number 7 on this diagram: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...69&hg=52&fg=25), but if you're doing this you're better of getting delrin bushes from Doug Whalen. They're probably cheaper and should be a permanent fix.

It's not a particularly tricky job to replace them, but getting the seat out takes a bit of care. Took me about an hour, I think, and cost $30 for the parts to do both seats.

Paul

Comment

Dale, the previous owner of my car, had the seat rails replaced under warranty. Now, a few years later the seats are rocking slighty again. I've got Doug Whalen's Delrin replacement bushes ready to fit, just need to take the time to do it.

Comment

Got mine fixed under warranty ...... twice.

Remember any fixes are themselves warranted by BMW for 12 months (my second fix was when the car was outside warranty).

As the cricket is not on I've dug out my warranty list for you ;

Defect code: 5210101300 - Seat pan broken
        Labour code: 5210080
        Part num: 52108401292 - Seat right rail

Solved the problem anyway even if maybe overkill.

(Quite interesting looking back at all the claims - the first being at 8 miles )

Comment

many thanks for the replies, I am going to try another dealer and see what they say as I would like to get some value out of the £770 or so spent on extending the warranty.

Comment

I've got a set of Doug Whalen's bushes as well (over a year in fact!) just haven't got round to fitting them yet
            www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

Working...
            X