No announcement yet.

Silverstone Classic 2016 30TH JULY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have spoken to Silverstone Classic and we could have our own area for 15-20 cars near to the car club or completely separate and still be able to use the early bird offer (2for1) offers - there is no charge for the area

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      I have spoken to Silverstone Classic and we could have our own area for 15-20 cars near to the car club or completely separate and still be able to use the early bird offer (2for1) offers - there is no charge for the area
      That's good to know! The early bird offer is OK value, but as Tony says, is still expensive; but there is a fair amount to see and do.

As others have said though, breaking away is the best thing to do as we do get lost amongst a see of 'average cars'.......no doubt the owners of the 'average' cars think they're better than us
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spooks View Post
        That's good to know! The early bird offer is OK value, but as Tony says, is still expensive; but there is a fair amount to see and do.

As others have said though, breaking away is the best thing to do as we do get lost amongst a see of 'average cars'.......no doubt the owners of the 'average' cars think they're better than us

It is expensive but would more people attend if we had our own area? I think they would.

Comment

• Yes, to confirm, the 289 Register events guy has sent me this:

The pitches at Silverstone don't cost anything, they just need to apply well in advance. The organisers are Goose and my contact is Jane Wickens <jane.wickens@goose.co.uk>, so they could email her and request a pitch for next year. The clubs are massively oversubscribed, so they may not get in on the first attempt, but they should persevere.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Comment

• Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
            Yes, to confirm, the 289 Register events guy has sent me this:

The pitches at Silverstone don't cost anything, they just need to apply well in advance. The organisers are Goose and my contact is Jane Wickens <jane.wickens@goose.co.uk>, so they could email her and request a pitch for next year. The clubs are massively oversubscribed, so they may not get in on the first attempt, but they should persevere.

Hope this helps,

Roger
            Thanks Roger

Comment

• November is the earliest you can register for a space

Comment

• While i enjoyed the Vanity show, i really did enjoy Gaydon when all of us turned up...I would happily commit to Gaydon if there was a mob of us !

Comment

• Gaydon

I'll be there tickets booked, Skeeter Black S54

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    It is expensive but would more people attend if we had our own area? I think they would.
                    I think they would, yes. However, I think people would still be put off by the cost full stop. Gaydon is a lot cheaper but when I've been there hasn't been anywhere near as much to see/do as at Silverstone, but has still been a good show.
                    Last edited by Spooks; 03-08-2016, 09:39 PM.
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

• Silverstone..i would commit to too !

Comment

• Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                        So in effect we had 18 in attendance!!!

Rob didn't turn up on the Sunday, maybe too busy with the racing. I didn't get a chance to ask on Saturday evening which car he was driving in the 90s Endurance race.
                        Hi Guys,

First chance I've had since the Classic Weekend to come on here. I did bring the car with me on Sunday but unfortunately the absolute jobsworth on the gate wouldn't let me in with the car pass that you very kindly passed my way. I had altered the reg number on the pass and although I explained that the original car was not attending on the Sunday and that I couldn't get a pass before the event he still wasn't going to let me in. The car was parked behind the wing on Sunday.

I was driving car 77 in the 90's Endurance Legends meeting, the Freisinger 996 GT3R which finished 7th overall at Le Mans in 2001.

I look forward to meeting you guys again at another event when I can get the car there.

Comment

Working...
                        X