No announcement yet.

Trackday 26th November at Donnington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, if anything the lower ratios just make it more fun to drive and makes it feel like its got an extra 50bhp!

In the 4th video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZN5rquh_30, there is an E46 M3 which carries more weight, has a bit more power but has 6 gears to play with. When I'm following, he's slowing down more than I would for corners so I'm off "cam" in 3rd so he pulls away out of the corner down the straight untill it picks up fully in 3rd.

Comment

• A 4.27 diff will be about right for the right gearing for the circuit you should be in fifth through craner with the shift light coming on just before you brake for the old hairpin where you should be in 4th for the old hairpin then back out after up to 5th changing before starkys bridge 4th for mcleans sometimes you can hold it bang the limiter before coppice or just change to 5th for a moment if you get an awesomely good exit coming out of McLean’s. Chicane in 3rd and redgate in 3rd. This is what gear everything should be in if the right ratio is being used but as the mcoupe is long geared its all in 3rd and 4th

Just to get things straight the all time lap record round the gp circuit with active cars and 3.5ltrs by a Mr A.Senna is in 1.18.029 the fastest ive been round the gp circuit is in the 1.22s and there short circuit is in the high 1.02s an f1 car round the short circuit would be around 56 secs.

A Clio cup car goes round the short in the 1.19s
      A Porsche supercup in 1.10s
      BTCC cars 1.13s

The Hawthorn car and Big Fish one were driven by a bunch of Muppets

Comment

• What car were you driving to do 1m22 on the GP Circuit?

F1 cars would probably be even faster now than 56ish on the national.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w
          What car were you driving to do 1m22 on the GP Circuit?

hes done 1m22 in my car
          Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
          New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee
            Originally posted by c_w
            What car were you driving to do 1m22 on the GP Circuit?

hes done 1m22 in my car
            Shit, your diff must be good

Awsome driving though to get that time!

Current - BMW M6
            Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
            Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

• Nick,

Lee says you've done 1m 22 secs on the Donington GP circuit, what time have you done around the National circuit in Lee's car (with all its mods including KW V3)? What times would you do the GP and National circuits in your OEM MC by way of comparison?
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

• He can't have done 1m22 around the GP circuit in Lee's, I'm guessing it is some quick race car, Formula something or other, or maybe a Formula Palmer Audi car etc

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w
                  He can't have done 1m22 around the GP circuit in Lee's, I'm guessing it is some quick race car, Formula something or other, or maybe a Formula Palmer Audi car etc
                  1m22 was National circuit
                  New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

• Palmer Audis are a bit lame wont get anywhere near that time.

This was my last race at Donny GP.

Comment

• So what is that?

Comment

• British F3

The 1.22s in Lees was on sunday on the national.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ANIMAL
                          Palmer Audis are a bit lame wont get anywhere near that time.

This was my last race at Donny GP.

Id recognise that crash hat anywhere
                          New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

• Was pulling 3.9G going into the old hairpin on a qualy lap.

Comment

Working...
                            X