No announcement yet.

S54 For Sale Gloucestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha - oddly I trust Clayton and James rubbed me up the wrong way...different strokes

anyway that sale died as he did not sell his house...

onto the next round of questions..

yes I have not crashed it

yes the vanos is fine

yes it has a service history

yes it works

yes yes yes etc

Comment

Yes it is hpi clear
      Yes it is worth the aski g price
      Yes my buyers are so and so for failing to sort their finances....heavily edited to remove my true feelings.... Rod is a good guy and his is well priced

Comment

Alright guys. Only had one serious enquiry and a nice chap from Nigeria....

I know we are all bullish about the value of ours cars but do you think at high mileages this is not quite so applicable?

If not it might just be a case of sitting it out till the right person appears..

Cheers Rod

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
          Alright guys. Only had one serious enquiry and a nice chap from Nigeria....

I know we are all bullish about the value of ours cars but do you think at high mileages this is not quite so applicable?

If not it might just be a case of sitting it out till the right person appears..

Cheers Rod
          Absolutely sit it out, Rod! Sadly it's a waiting game - you're not selling a Mondeo. There's not many buyers of these at the best of times and the current cold grey weather is far from the best of times, and "the season" is yet to start.

But that doesn't make the car worth any less - I really don't subscribe to all that "it's only worth what someone will pay" nonsense. That only applies to people desperate to sell and it's how webuyanywcar make so much money i.e we'll give you £x today for it and it can go round British Car Auctions as many times as needed until someone pays us £x++ for it (especially since BCA owns WBAC!).

Personally (and I know people get shot down for discussing prices) but I think it needs saying, I reckon it's too cheap. Currently the cheapest Z3MC on Autotrader is a Phoenix Yellow S54?!?!?!?!? Has the world gone mad?!? That mileage isn't a worry if it's been looked after - someone on here has one with 210k I believe and guys in the USA also have mega miles on theirs.

Once someone with a sensible outlook wants one your phone will ring.
          S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Thanks - I have nearly sold it a few times and the process is dire - lots of queries.....

But yes I will wait....maybe I should bump it up to 25k to make up for the hassle - in fact I think I will!

In terms of the millage yes I agree but I have maintained the car.... still lots of folk are buying Z3 m coupe as an investment....for that I think you need to be sub 80k...

Anyway sure it will work in the end - what would you price it at?

Cheers Rod

Comment

These cars are sometimes a challenge to sell, the time of year doesn’t help also.

In terms of your car, in the most constructive way, you probably require a better and more detailed advert.

Also, I would bring out more of the positives of the car and get a fresh MOT on the car and repair the bolster as a minimum.

In terms of price, with the internet these days, people find out prices and will probably identify that you have increased the price but I think it’s very well priced !

Rags

Comment

Another tuppence from me (sorry for the length – pop the kettle on!)

I think £25k is still a great price – there’s no S54’s until you’re spending over £35k for left hookers! So even at £24,950 it's still the cheapest M Coupe on Autotrader regardless of S50 or S54. Anyone buying it ought to know the rarity and although nobody has a crystal ball their money should be safe.

With regards to anyone saying “I saw it cheaper last week”, the reply is simply they should’ve called last week then and got a bargain but you’ve since realised it’s worth more. And if that’s their opening gambit I don’t think they were ever a serious buyer anyway. I’ve had it a few times and have actually sold cars after putting the price UP. Especially with this type of car, TIMING is often more important than the price to a degree – if someone’s in the market for one they’ll likely have a rough idea of what they’ll be looking at spending. Think of it like fishing, you can have the tastiest, most attractive bait but if the fish aren’t feeding or are a mile upstream, then you won’t get a bite, tomorrow though when they’re back and feeding you’ll catch a whopper!

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve made some observations regarding the advert (which are meant to be constructive). It’s just my opinion so doesn’t count for much, although I have advertised and sold LOTS of cars over the years and spend far more time on AT / PH etc than is healthy.

The pictures are generally the first thing people will see so they need to be eyecatching. The PH pics look better although the blue sky suggests they were not taken recently. I don’t think the AT pics really do the car justice. I’d suggest taking some fresh pics, framed well to include the whole car (some of the current pics have parts of the car out of shot). Does the rear wiper work? If so, then get it to its proper resting place ie horizontal, for the new pics. Having it vertical suggests it doesn’t work. Obscuring the number plate can be seen as having something to hide (and the plate is visible on PH anyway). Oh, and don’t bother with eBay – it’s for selling scrap (again just my opinion).

Your ad states that the tyres are Michelin Pilot Sports but the close up pic of a wheel shows a Hankook (anoraks like me who buy these cars will spot this sort of thing).

I think your ad is a little too wordy (like most of my forum posts!). I find short, succinct points outlining the key features better than writing an essay akin to the Bard’s prose. Most people looking will know about S50 and S54’s so no need to explain that really. No car can now be sold with tax so saying you’ll tax it for six months is extraneous.

Talking about the splits in the seats, whilst very honest, is off-putting. Given the mileage any sensible callers will expect it, and likely ask about it specifically. The advert needs to “sell” the car and I don’t think you're singing its praises as well as could be – it’s a fine line though between honesty, rose-tinted optimism and just plain BS (I cannot believe the amount of ads describing ten-year-old, 100k mile cars as “mint”, “showroom condition” and “drives like new” ).

Anyway, I reckon the ad could be more punchy (and definitely worth mentioning how long you've owned it and the miles you've done):

The Headline could be:
                1 of 165 S54 UK RHD M Coupes. FSH. Rare Phoenix Yellow

Then I reckon something like:
                Rare S54 BMW M Coupe (one of 165 UK cars and even rarer in Phoenix Yellow). With Full Service History (last service being Inspection 2, so next one is just an Oil Service). Full MOT to February 2019. I have owned the car for xx years and 90k miles. Full Black Leather and Heated Seats. Factory Harmon Kardon upgrade. Air Con. Electric Sunroof. Standard M Coupe Roadstar Alloys with Michelin tyres. Electric Windows & Mirrors. With the exception of AST Coilovers and an uprated A&R front Anti-Roll Bar the car is standard. (These upgrades are commonly accepted as highly worthwhile improvements) HPI Clear.

(With regards to the ARB’s etc, some people may find this off-putting so it’s a tough one whether to include those details in the ad...)

Anyway, I hope this helps and hasn’t bored you to tears.
                S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

That seems like very good advice.
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I'd agree. If you're going to all that trouble though, you might as well take it off for a month, reshoot the pics, reword the ad and start again.

Will be warmer and sunnier then too, which is no bad thing.

If memory serves, Knights Garage sold an 80k Steel grey S54 for mid 30's last year. I'm sure prices are taking a breather at the mo, but not to the extent your original price suggests(IMO).
                    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Thanks for all of your constructive comments they are appreciated. I have come to the conclusion I am rubbish at selling cars and although I need to my heart is not in it!

I agree I need to take some fresh photos - the weather has been dire and I have a very full life. I am tempted to let this add run its course and then put the price up. I do need to sell it soon as things are tight atm.

Hopefully this weekend is sunny and I can get it photographed again....

I have redone the advert a bit....

On the plus side with it not selling had a great drive last night across the Cotswolds - it still amazes me that after 8.5 years it still feel bloody fast....

So thanks again - all good advice - have great weekend and get out and drive your car whilst the roads are warm enough!

Cheers Rod

Comment

Thanks all

I listened - I cheered up and reduced the advert. Took new photos which are not perfect but they are better. I increased the price to 23.5k. I have had a series of emails /phone calls over the last week...culminating in 3 people booking to see the car and then not turning up...I figure if I have to put up with the process I might as well hang in there too someone serious comes forward and make it bit more from the sale.

Comment

Working...
                        X