Leaky Rear Wash-Wipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave p View Post
    result! do you think the e36 item would bolt straight on?
    Hi Dave,

Yes, the E36 washer assembly bolts straight on. The rear casing (the second silver casing down on the left, shown in my 1st picture) is in 2 parts on the E36 one that I received. One is the mechanism cover and the second plate has the 3 attaching bolt holes rather than being one part as the Coupe one that I removed. I think the way the E36 is put together makes for a more water-tight seal.

Comment

Where does the check valve need to be installed? I'll have to get one ordered having noticed that the rear wash nozzles are leaking when the car's parked in the drive (steep angle)
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
        Where does the check valve need to be installed? I'll have to get one ordered having noticed that the rear wash nozzles are leaking when the car's parked in the drive (steep angle)
        I need to do this to my coupe - will do a write up, its just a oneway valve that fits in the water supply pipe to the nozzle.
        no diagram for the M coupe on realoem but this one for a E39, part number 10

Comment

Yeah its fairly obvious where it goes once you get the boot trim off, the arrow on the valve is in the direction of flow.

Having installed mine though it doesn't always spray anymore - almost like the valve is too restrictive... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, I'm concerned it may start leaking into the boot lid, apparently quite a few on the US forums have experienced this and ended up just drilling through the valve.
          BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
          ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe I'll just start reversing up the drive to stop it weeping in that case ;)

Look forward to seeing the 'how to' Dave

Comment

ordered valve from bmminiparts (£1.33) with some other items so will have a go at fitting next weekend - hopefully!

Comment

Just replaced the rear wiper motor on mine yesterday. The pita bit is getting the trim off tbh. Haven't done the leaky valve because mine doesnt seem need it. No sign of leakage inside the tailgate either thankfully. but did find this link on my research

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144475

Contains a jpg of the BMW tech bulletin for adding the valve on the mc
                ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
                now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Comment

details on how to remove trim on TIS,

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/04/18/27

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

just ordered two new rear boot struts so will have a go at fitting these and the valve this week - maybe

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                          just ordered two new rear boot struts so will have a go at fitting these and the valve this week - maybe
                          wear a hard hat

Click here to email me

Comment

Dave...its one of those silly jobs,dosnt take much time but its great when its done! ive replaced the small wiper blade replaced the spray part too! now ime gonna replace the whole lot....by the end of the week!not on subject at all,but also just pulled up gear gator etc..and there is a spare lamp just sitting there,,,guess its for my fag lighter! that will be fixed by the end of the week too!!!!once i have sourced the tiny capsule bulbs that costs £50 lol That Indy bloke "fuckit and chuckit" has got too much money for my liking! lol...

Comment

before,

after,

Comment

You don't appear to have clips/clamps on those Dave?
                                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
                                X