Recaro seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaro seats

Rossiters are now selling Recaro seats so I contacted them to see which seats fit the coupe. They can make a seat base to fit the car, question is, has anybody actually fitted a Recaro seat without altering the shoulders to fit the narrow shape of the car? If so which seat?

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
    Rossiters are now selling Recaro seats so I contacted them to see which seats fit the coupe. They can make a seat base to fit the car, question is, has anybody actually fitted a Recaro seat without altering the shoulders to fit the narrow shape of the car? If so which seat?

Yes. I have Recaro Pole Positions which fit snug up against the door card. Mine have the inner upper shoulder trimmed which helps if the seat is needed to be far back. I am 5ft 10" so it fits fine, 6ft and above maybe an issue.

IMO without spending a huge amount of money the Pole Positions are the best racing seat, especially our M Coupes. Also, consider you need to be reasonably narrow to be comfortable.
    Last edited by KnightsG; 09-11-2015, 11:54 PM.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
      Yes. I have Recaro Pole Positions which fit snug up against the door card. Mine have the inner upper shoulder trimmed which helps if the seat is needed to be far back. I am 5ft 10" so it fits fine, 6ft and above maybe an issue.

IMO without spending a huge amount of money the Pole Positions are the best racing seat, especially our M Coupes. Also, consider you need to be reasonably narrow to be comfortable.
      Thanks for the reply. I think I need to try out a seat before committing just to make sure its comfortable. Are they easy to modify? Do you have any pictures of your fitted seats??

Comment

I have some Pole Positions fitted on alloy Recaro mounts which sit on VAC floor mounts. The drivers side is adjustable.

I think my wings are trimmed but they still touch the door card. How close they run will depend on how far back you set them.

PM me your email address and I'll mail you some pics.

Comment

As per, yes, you do need to get the wings trimmed. Cloth on mine getting worn in places so about to get them re-covered in black leather. If Rossiters do a leather version, buy those, not the cloth ones.
          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

How much are rossiters charging ?
            Best try before you buy
            Demon Twats have loads of seats in showroom
            Worth a trip there to try what suits
            I love pole positions but I'm to fat for them

They actually do a wide version
            Still don't fit me but might help you
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Working...
            X