• New listing Silver S50

New listing on ebay Silver S50 68k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3M-Co...UAAOSwrhBZCe4u

Seems cheap. Wrong headlights though

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Loads of history including previous for sale threads on the forum -

Comment

Is this the one that also had the wrong front bumper, or is it a coincidence the seller also has a non M Silver front bumper for sale?

Any links to previous for sale threads, I've looked but cannot find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
          Is this the one that also had the wrong front bumper, or is it a coincidence the seller also has a non M Silver front bumper for sale?

Any links to previous for sale threads, I've looked but cannot find them.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17482

Comment

Dishonest people make my blood boil and there seem to be quite a few more turds floating to the surface at the moment..
            I guess the increase in values has encouraged this.

Comment

Oh definitely, those cars that nobody could shift at around £10k 2-3yrs ago are at mid 20s!!

Comment

Oh dear, someone has placed a bid on it

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                  Oh dear, someone has placed a bid on it
                  Without wishing to be cynical.......

Perhaps it's a "friend" bidding like on the recent eBay fiascos...

Has there actually been a straight sale recently where someone has been honest about cat d status?

Perhaps I should have bought this a couple of years ago as a track day/ run around

Comment

And it's come back on again. Cancelled last time due to error in listing. I thought it was because he had forgotten to mention cat d. However, only change is that is has been put up by 2 grand!!!!!!

Comment

Whilst I personally wouldn't list a car and withhold that it's on the register, the seller is under no obligation to do so, provided it's a private sale... up to the buyer to find out. And it's 'possible' that they don't know!!

Be interesting to ask 'has this car ever been written off'.. might get a better idea of the sellers morals.

Cheers
                      Pad

Comment

Originally posted by brightonpad View Post
                        Whilst I personally wouldn't list a car and withhold that it's on the register, the seller is under no obligation to do so.
                        I don't think your correct there.
                        I'm sure I buyer could take legal action against a private individual for not disclosing the major issue.
                        But who in their right mind would buy a car at this value & age without doing at least a full HPI check.

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
                          I don't think your correct there.
                          I'm sure I buyer could take legal action against a private individual for not disclosing the major issue.
                          But who in their right mind would buy a car at this value & age without doing at least a full HPI check.
                          But the seller can always plead ignorant. In a private transaction responsibility lies with the buyer to carry out checks.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonpad View Post
                            Whilst I personally wouldn't list a car and withhold that it's on the register, the seller is under no obligation to do so, provided it's a private sale... up to the buyer to find out. And it's 'possible' that they don't know!!

Be interesting to ask 'has this car ever been written off'.. might get a better idea of the sellers morals.

Cheers
                            Pad

This is correct, I believe the term is 'Caveat emptor' or 'buyer beware'.

Could be why some members on here have used their solicitors to oversee vehicle purchases via eBay recently....
                            Estoril S50 (nicely pimped) and a few other M toys.

Comment

On register

Legally, private sellers do not have to disclose registered cars, only dealers.
                              Strange but true.

Comment

Working...
                              X