Origins of your Username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origins of your Username

After reading a few threads of late, with comments from people with unusual usernames, it got me thinking what they mean and why!

Obviously some people's, namely "Dave P", I guess(?!) are quite self explanatory but we do have some strange names amongst us! So I thought it might be interesting to say why we have bequithed ourselves with names our mothers wouldnt! So me first,

Spooks - my original works ID pass made me look very much like Dr Spock from Star Trek and over the years my nickname given to me by the lads I started my apprenticeship with has evolved from Spock to Spooks!

Anyone else care to share or am I the only one who is interested?!
    Last edited by Spooks; 02-06-2016, 07:10 PM.
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Nessamot III, is my last name spelled backwards, and in created due to the fact I could not select my last name as a Hotmail account and I did not want a number in my name and III stand for my 3rd account on this forum, as nessamot and nessamot II don't seem to work and admin can not resolve the problem.
    Last edited by nessamot III; 28-03-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Mine started as a take on the front of my early defender
      I changed the badge to offender

The next one some one suggested ragerover as a take on rangerover ( due to my temperament and road rage)
      So that went on my 2 nd defender and I used that on Landrover forums
      I kept it on my newest defender and all forums since then
      Simples

I prefer it rather thAn my real name as it offers a degree of anonymity
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I'm built like a racing snake and my piss taking mates decided I should be forever known as Fat Tony. Gotta love your mates
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          Dr Spock
          Wasn't he a child psychologist?!

Anyway, I was going for Dr. No but registered when I'd had a few too many....

After I'd posted a few times I thought it'd just complicate things to change it!

(although I am a doctor, and my name does begin with N which makes it relevant at least....)

Comment

Username

I used to own the reg plate JKE11Y which was great when your name is James Kelly. I had a bit of hassle from an overzealous PC, who's surname was CANT, (amended as appropriate to his general behaviour in uniform) locally! Now have 5 JJK on the MC, which looks mean in some way?
            JKE11Y

Comment

Whatever you do don't google mine with safesearch turned off

That's not where it comes from by the way. It's what the wife calls me, coming from an abbreviation of Twinky, which is what Moe the bully calls Calvin in Calvin & Hobbes. Being blond I used to look a bit like Calvin when I was younger
              www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

Originally posted by twink View Post
                Whatever you do don't google mine with safesearch turned off

2002 BMW M Coupe (S54) in Sapphire Black with Imola Red Interior @ OEM+ Spec **Now with Wheels** **SOLD**

Need a holiday? Click here!

Comment

Originally posted by jrsmooth View Post

I did warn you

Oddly enough though I've only rarely had to explain it to people, probably as twink is generally an American word. I can only assume that given my Lotus-owning background most people think it's a reference to "twin cam"

I do chuckle to myself every now and again about the book that Henry Rollins personalised to me. As an American God knows what he was thinking when he signed that

Last edited by twink; 29-03-2011, 04:16 PM. Reason: Added pic
                  www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

My christian name is Glyn and my wifes is Marilyn, so it's a combination the two.
                    Ex 2000 S50 - Oxford Green II

Comment

Mine is my surname.

Comment

Mine was bloody given to me once I got the MC.
                        I used to be no_coupe.

I'll request a change when I get a mo.
                        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by wifipirate View Post
                          Mine is my surname.
                          nice.........
                          BMW 1M Coupe (sold)
                          BMW Boxercup Replika

Apparently, other manufacturers do exist.....

Comment

I'm not into helicopters, classic Raleigh bicycles, sharp cutting tools or male genetalia!!!

I do a lot of team competition fishing and once turned a lads night out down as I was stopping in preparing 'chopped worm rigs' for a match the day after....after telling my mate he nicknamed me chopper

Comment

No male genitalia ???????
                              [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Working...
                              X