Sunroof switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof switch

A fault with the MC's wiring means the sunroof switch doesn't light with the ignition,

details here on how to fix,

post #13

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...sunroof+switch

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
    A fault with the MC's wiring means the sunroof switch doesn't light with the ignition,

details here on how to fix,

post #13

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...sunroof+switch

Thanks Dave- Is it simply a case of swapping the red and brown pins then? is the special; tool a requirement ?
    sigpic///MCoupe S50 Estoril

Comment

No mate,pop the switch out and just reverse what you see,,,take you 5 mins !

Comment

Originally posted by v8rumbler View Post
        Thanks Dave- Is it simply a case of swapping the red and brown pins then? is the special; tool a requirement ?
        I got my local Inde to swap the wires over using the tool shown

Comment

I rather liked the lamp that goes into the stowage box on the rear of the center console..picks up its power from the ashtray...seen on Facebook.

Comment

Switch

I must be a dumbass lol , halfway through this got the switch out and removed the red pin easy enough but the brown pin is on the second tier of the switch and i am struggling to get it open any ideas guys ??

Comment

I just cut the wires ,reversed,soldered,shrink tube, job done!

Comment

sorted

Soldering just is not my thing , i always end up in a mess and asking the father in-law to sort it all out , so popped out the green and red from the top tier and there is a sneaky clipped compartment under the wires , lifted that out pressed out the brown replaced with the red and bingo bango illuminated sun roof switch , thanks for you help guys .

Comment

I must do this sometime, just in case I can't find the sunroof switch in the dark!
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Its a total waste of time anyway!

Comment

bhp

I am pretty sure i read some where that once the sunroof switch is illuminated as should be ,the car produces an extra 50bhp and that when the owner drives the car, if a male his dangly bits get bigger !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                        Its a total waste of time anyway!
                        why do you say that?
                        sigpic///MCoupe S50 Estoril

Comment

The glass roof has always seemed to me anyway,a bit of an after thought,it doesnt open properly.

Comment

Working...
                          X