Mr Vanos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Vanos

Hi - Just out of interest, has anyone ordered from Mr Vanos recently?
    I ordered solenoid seals, bolts and filter a couple of weeks back and so far nothing has turned up. No reply to my messages either.
    Anyone have any recent experience?

His comunication skills are not that good ! you have to be fairly persistant !

Comment

OK I'll persist and see what happens. Paid using PayPal so I have 180 days to raise a dispute if there's a problem...

Comment

I just went to the main dealer and bought them , all bagged up with part numbers on them , went round the corner and bought a small torque wrench from screwfix and went home and fitted them the same day . The saving can't be that great and they are considered a service item these days for the cost . It's only couple of hours job of nuts and bolts basic mechanics at the most if memory serves me right ?

Comment

Yeah, his comms aren’t great

Paul, Mr Vanos’ seals are a different (better quality) product to that from BMW if I remember correctly. It’s not just a cost saving thing.
          Last edited by Fat Tony; 22-10-2017, 09:00 PM.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I know they are a different material but they aren't much good if you don't receive them , I read so many things about the bad service I chose just to replace the seals and bolts with BMW parts as part of the service and would do again , but I used to do the service myself . I did read somewhere that the BMW parts were uprated at some stage but who knows if they really did .

Comment

How far do you need to delve in to the vanos to replace the seals? Were you just replacing the solenoid seals (which I think pry out?)

Comment

I just did the bolts , filter and the seals , as you say , prising the solenoid out . I found a guide on you tube and followed that . I'm assuming that's what the op has ordered from mr vanos ?

Comment

Yes - Viton seals, filter and uprated bolts - all as a precautionary measure, as I'm not having any problems, but the car has done 71k miles.
                  Anyway, out of the blue today, there's a full PayPal refund.
                  No message or explanation.
                  Oh well, back to square one...

Comment

http://www.hackengineering.co.uk/

I used these guys

Job is well worth doing.

Comment

Hi

I have a a full set of bolts and seals from iridium engineering if uoi need?

Comment

Hi I've PMd you

Comment

Sorry - a bit late to this thread but hopefully still worth posting.

I needed a refurbished VANOS from Mr Vanos early October. I found communicating with him pretty good. A couple of times after I called and got no answer he called me back a few moments later. He was also responsive to emails.

I'm in London, but I happened to be driving to Durham, so I dropped the old unit into his place in Darlington. He wasn't there at the time, but we agreed that someone would be there to accept.

About a week later, he said that he would be in London doing some fitting jobs and I met up with him at a petrol station and he had a refurbished unit, all seals, new bolts and head cover gaskets for me and took a card payment.

Overall I was 100% happy with the service.

It is clear to me that he spends many hours a week driving round the country and fitting VANOS units. I think I was a relatively rare case of someone who wanted to to do the fitting themselves and he was fine with that.

I suspect that he really needs, but does not have, someone to help him do the non-oily stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X