No announcement yet.

Life after the M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It did pretty well at the Donington track day a couple of years ago considering it hadn't really been "prepared" for it in anyway.

Comment

Glad you finally offloaded it Si, but you will miss it as I still do mine. If ever a car can adopt a personality and get under your skin the MC is the one.

Post MC I went:

Z4 Alpina RS (Nice, but a bit limp)
      Z4 M Coupe (which I will now admit was a bit of a PITA to live with, bit like the Mrs, got shut of her too!)
      Now rolling around in my old S40, keeping the V8V for special occasions, at which it excels. Every time I open the garage door..........

Thinking of swapping the Volvo for a Mini though, used to love abusing the wife's - Mini that is.
      Shunt
      Ex Z3MC 2000
      Ex Z4MC 2007
      Aston V8V
      M135i

Comment

I was half tempted to sell my unfinished coupe for a porker 996 im glad i didnt. Yes the porker will be a fantastic car but i dont think its got the character of the MC.

As for modern cars im not a fan tbh. On a secondment with work and get hire cars to bimble about in. Admittidly there no sports cars, mid range 1.6 hatches i.e astra, focus, 307's and the new megane but all seam to annoy me.

My Road to work is a 22 mile country road through sleepy lincolnshire so you can image they get a hard time with one trip across to the northwest each week. NOt one of them can manage 30mpg combined. (e39 528 sport managed 32mpg). Best of the bunch is the megane but being french its done 2000 miles and the exhuast has rattled and batters the heat shields at tick over. (been nice to it too as i like it)

Will need a daily driver for around 5k in the next 2 months any suggestions. Would like 25mpg minimum and something sporty. dare i say rx8 . . . . . .
        Previous: Silver s50 Mc
        Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
        -------------------------------------------
        Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
          ...25mpg...rx8...

do some research on those before you get your hopes up

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post

do some research on those before you get your hopes up
            yeah just looked scrap that

my e36 m3 managed it just but would like something with a different engine to the coupe.
            Previous: Silver s50 Mc
            Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
            -------------------------------------------
            Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
              yeah just looked scrap that

my e36 m3 managed it just but would like something with a different engine to the coupe.

M3's are great, but yeah, you will reach a point where you just want something different!

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                It did pretty well at the Donington track day a couple of years ago considering it hadn't really been "prepared" for it in anyway.
                Yes it did quite well I thought. Its a much better car now, about 30-40 bhp up from then and its now got new adjustable shocks all round and lots of other new parts that improve the response/feedback.

I'll have to see, would like to do snetterton.

Interesting autocar have just done short a vid on the LC:
                http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/l...-video-review/
                Ex 2001 S54
                New cars:
                Lotus Carlton
                350Z

Comment

Originally posted by Shunt View Post
                  Glad you finally offloaded it Si, but you will miss it as I still do mine.
                  I was lucky to have the option of not needing to sell the car when I bought a more practical one for everyday stuff. After a year to the month I had plenty of chances to miss driving the m coupe but never did so in that respect I wont be buying another only down to its size.

B5 touring might tempt me but as you know Ive a bike which I hardly use either lol so going fast is open to me anytime the sun shines.

Boring as it sounds my snotter 530d is quite fast enough when kicked up the arse.

PS did your AMV8 get you a better Mrs ;-)
                  Last edited by Broccers; 03-03-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
                    Yes it did quite well I thought. Its a much better car now, about 30-40 bhp up from then and its now got new adjustable shocks all round and lots of other new parts that improve the response/feedback.

I'll have to see, would like to do snetterton.
                    Yea let me know, it's still a few months off yet! I think as long as you have the brakes (pads) sorted it sounds like it should be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
                      It's been a fairly wild ride over the past few months and has made my wallet much much lighter!

All toys still intact though and no-one to bollock me for even thinking about starting the Fireblade!
                      Shunt
                      Ex Z3MC 2000
                      Ex Z4MC 2007
                      Aston V8V
                      M135i

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
                        2002 BMW M Coupe (S54) in Sapphire Black with Imola Red Interior @ OEM+ Spec **Now with Wheels** **SOLD**

Need a holiday? Click here!

Comment

Originally posted by Shunt View Post
                          It's been a fairly wild ride over the past few months and has made my wallet much much lighter!

All toys still intact though and no-one to bollock me for even thinking about
                          starting the Fireblade!
                          The same situation as me. Coming thru the other side at last!
                          I can now start to re-consider a potential replacement for my ZMC ... which at the moment is a lower mileage ZMC!!
                          The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                          RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
                            which at the moment is a lower mileage ZMC!!
                            Every cloud and all that!

Good luck with the search.
                            Shunt
                            Ex Z3MC 2000
                            Ex Z4MC 2007
                            Aston V8V
                            M135i

Comment

Re discussions about E60 M5. I've had one for 2 years now, it's an 05 model. No serious issues so far and it has condition based servicing, so not too bad.

Had a 03 CSL for 4 years and a small part of the SMG had to be replaced. No other probs..

Have extended warranty on all the //Ms as that gives me peace of mind...

Comment

From a purely visual POV, I haven't seen anything as nice.

The only things that come close (and are newer) are 996s and 997s. And that is only from the rear ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X