No announcement yet.

Z4 sdrive ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's all this talk of 3.5 come from?? It's not 3.5 litres. BMW haven't done a 3.5 litre petrol for over 10 years or so (M62 engine I think).
    I'll fetch my anorak...
    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Hi Kwoffa,

Looking for a change is fair enough, I think those have a N55 in them which is a great engine. I have a manual 335i touring with the similar N54 engine and they are easily tuned........ mine is way faster than the MC. As turbo engines go they sound pretty good as well, mine has the performance exhaust so pops and crackles when pushing on...... it does not however feel like an M engine.

I am sure the Z4 would be a good drive but the question you have to ask yourself though is do you want a convertible?

As much as I love BMWs if it were me I would be looking at the Vantage or Cayman S or R instead, depending on how much you are looking to spend........

As everyone will say though think hard before selling your MC and make sure the replacement is special/ different enough for it to make sense
      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
        Hi Kwoffa,

Looking for a change is fair enough, I think those have a N55 in them which is a great engine. I have a manual 335i touring with the similar N54 engine and they are easily tuned........ mine is way faster than the MC. As turbo engines go they sound pretty good as well, mine has the performance exhaust so pops and crackles when pushing on...... it does not however feel like an M engine.

I am sure the Z4 would be a good drive but the question you have to ask yourself though is do you want a convertible?

As much as I love BMWs if it were me I would be looking at the Vantage or Cayman S or R instead, depending on how much you are looking to spend........

As everyone will say though think hard before selling your MC and make sure the replacement is special/ different enough for it to make sense
        Same here in New Zealand, thinking of either of the above in addition to the M coupe. Plenty of the 3.4 Cayman ""S" around but thin on the ground in manual
        a R would be a good thing too. Harder to find a "mint" Porsche with all history and low ownership than its BMW equivalent though. The Vantage is a bit easier both in terms of transmission and history but just not quite sure..
        Last edited by btz461; 16-02-2017, 06:56 AM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Im not about for a month or so....and what's all this talk about people selling?! Especially for girls cars!!!!
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Someone even mentioned a Vantage! you may as well buy a Ford Mondeo.

Kwoffa, are you more swayed toward the Z4 or looking at other cars? What's your criteria?

Copy of BMW Car review for the Z4 sent.

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post

Someone even mentioned a Vantage! you may as well buy a Ford Mondeo.
              That would be me then

Not sure how you can compare to a Mondeo. Highly rated car in most quarters including Evo. If it is the Ford parts bin you are referring to I think this improved a lot after the DB7. If you are looking for a 2 seater, that is special, attracts admirers and is dominated by it's engine I would not dismiss.

Personally, I have had my MC just over 8 years and have no intention to ever sell. The way I view it is it cost me very little to buy and after 12K miles owes me nothing..........however with two young children I only manage to do a few hundred miles commuting in it each year so I am currently looking for a 997 Gen2 Turbo or Turbo S as another fun/ weekend car.

I rate BMW and own 3 BMWs at the moment inc the MC but regrettably nothing from their recent or current range (inc M2 and M3/M4/M5/M6) appeals to me enough to buy.
              S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
                Not sure how you can compare to a Mondeo. Highly rated car in most quarters including Evo. If it is the Ford parts bin you are referring to I think this improved a lot after the DB7. If you are looking for a 2 seater, that is special, attracts admirers and is dominated by it's engine I would not dismiss.
                It's a good job everyone is entitled to their own opinion, makes the world more varied.
                I guess you've said it yourself, hitting the nail on the head in your search for a Porsche, why not an Aston?....
                Good choice btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                  Im not about for a month or so....and what's all this talk about people selling?! Especially for girls cars!!!!
                  Trust you.....that was in the back of my mind....b-----d

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
                    Where's all this talk of 3.5 come from?? It's not 3.5 litres. BMW haven't done a 3.5 litre petrol for over 10 years or so (M62 engine I think).
                    I'll fetch my anorak...
                    Oops yes it's a 3.0
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Alpine white with M stripes would be the go, and a 6 M/T
                      Unfortunately all the reviews we have read seem to refer to these as more of a boulevard car, that really needs to carry the M nomenclature to make it worth investing in and performing as it should on the road.

Must admit like the profile (just look at the GTR) but no M version available to Joe Public

Comment

Ever thought of the V8 M3 ?
                        Cracking car and reasonably priced 2nd hand now
                        Some nice specked cars out there
                        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                          Ever thought of the V8 M3 ?
                          You beat me to it.
                          Very impressed when I drove a friend's E90 M3 a few months back. The subtlety of the saloon works really well, coupled with the sound and rev-ability of that V8...awesome car.

Comment

I really dont need a 4 seater..

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                              I really dont need a 4 seater..
                              Nor do you need a service station these V8's love the juice

Comment

Working...
                              X