Edd China quitting Wheeler Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edd China quitting Wheeler Dealers

Just saw this on ZRoadster.org site. I admire Edd for not going along with the new production company's revised format (American company) which was to reduce the workshop content as they couldn't make it pay. Bean counters always know best. :lol

Its a shame as I like the stuff that he did, a lot of it plain common sense but for people with no mechanical expertise it was very valuable. Loads of comments on YouTube supporting his decision.

His replacement is Ant Anstead, be interesting to see how the new show goes. I think it will lose a lot viewers. Even the American viewers don't like the new US format and prefer the old UK production teams WD episodes.

Just look for Edd China on YouTube.
    Also one item from Mike Brewer announcing Series 14 of WD with AA. Comments are not very complementary!!
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

What a shame,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IB15T1LYiY

Comment

Great bloke imho, be missed on there, unlike that little fat C__T.
      2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
      2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
      07 Volvo V70 D5
      1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
      1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

I don't understand all the hate for Brewer - he's 50% of what was an awesome show. Surely the beef is with the production company for putting profit over content ? - and don't forget that China as previously a producer - I suspect he may have sold the rights at some point to the US producers.

This is not to diss Edd though - as others have said the workshop scenes are inspirational for us amateur mechanics. it is for exactly this reason that I preferred WD to Anstead's - for the love of cars - which was light on workshop footage.

Comment

Must admit I don't mind Mike and I am much fatter than he is

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            Must admit I don't mind Mike and I am much fatter than he is

Ah but Dave you have charisma and are the Search Meister Of Knowledge....
            2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
            2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
            07 Volvo V70 D5
            1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
            1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Originally posted by Peter G View Post
              Ah but Dave you have charisma and are the Search Meister Of Knowledge....

Thank you very much (he says while eating a doughnut)

Comment

I think it is a shame loosing Eddie.
                But, to be fair, the direction the program is taking is not the best.
                Too much talking and not that much of action nowadays...

Comment

Working...
                X