Camper Van, Motor Home Europe trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camper Van, Motor Home Europe trip.

Anyone had any experience of travelling across Europe in one? I'm trying to ascertain the feasibility of street parking in the major cities whilst sight seeing as there's not too much information around.

Won't be used for sleeping in, just comfortable travelling.

Thanks for any help!

If you're not sleeping in it you should be taking the MC :-). I'm guessing kids are involved or something right...

I did 2 weeks around Europe with the missus - best holiday ever.
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Something VW T5 sized will be better as it's more car-sized. My parents have a 6-birth motorhome and it's not easy to park! Even the smaller van-based motorhomes are bulky things and would s truggle to park in some busy towns/cities.

Comment

Hiya.

Contingent of nieces and nephews and siblings!

Planning a road trip later in October to the ring in the MC :)

Comment

If not for sleeping etc and just for comfortable travel for a few people you would be best of with a VW Caravelle or similar. Then you won't have any parking issues.
          Col N.
          Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
          ex Audi S4 Avant
          ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
          ex Porsche 968

Comment

The point is the motorhome was bought (impulsive buy) earlier this year and whilst the appeal of taking the MPV is great for easier parking, it would be a shame to not use the motorhome.

My qualms really lie in ascertaining the possibility of finding adequate parking for the motor home in the cities. Or what do others do who travel by motorhome. Park remotely elsewhere then use a train etc?!

Thanks again.

Comment

Serious motorhome people tend to either toe a small car or have a moped on the back!

Comment

We have a campervan, a Hymer C546. We took it away for 5 weeks last year with the kids and it was epic.

Parking in major cities is a bit of a pain in the A. We tended to stay in a campsite located close to the city and then train or bus in.

How come you don't want to stay in the Camper?

Not sure if it's of interest but we did; Euro Disney, Chamonix, Alfa Romeo Museum near Milan, Lake Garda, Venice, Croatia, Montenegro, Bologna, S.France and finally West coast of France.

Have a great trip

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It's all very new to us but we may try a couple of nights staying in the camper. Thank you very much again

Comment

You could try the website of "Wild camping". I don't know if they do Europe, but give it a try anyway - it might just be .co.uk.

Comment

Working...
                    X