No announcement yet.

Wheeler dealers new series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny the timing of these things. I was out on my MTB on Sunday and whilst pausing in Rosedale happened across a beautiful parked up Morgan +8 that I couldn't help but admire. They really are a classic and one I could easily enjoy - on a nice day like Sunday was!
    Col N.
    Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
    ex Audi S4 Avant
    ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
    ex Porsche 968

Comment

E39 M5 episode 9.00 Discovery channel

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
        E39 M5 episode 9.00 Discovery channel
        Good programme tonight, showed just how great value for money the E39 M5 is.
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

looked like they stuck new tyres on it but no mention of cost?

Comment

looked like they stuck new tyres on it but no mention of cost?
            I think you are right as when they removed the old ones and stacked them there were 3 different tread patterns but when they came back from the refurb they looked to be all the same and another pattern altogether!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

And put Non xenon angel eyes into a xenon equipped car..:(

I love the program but i call BS on some of the prices quoted..

Comment

Love the program but they are economical with the truth ! !

Having said that most tv is staged these days.

Would have love to seen the out takes of him swearing at the alternator trying to get that out

Brewer also did a full bore start even though all the engine temp lights hadnt gone out on the rev counter tut tut ! ! !

Alot of car for the money.
                Previous: Silver s50 Mc
                Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
                -------------------------------------------
                Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Yeah i thought that, thrashed from cold is probably why it ended up in the condition it was in - used and abused!

Comment

I love the show, but this episode made me particularly suspicious.

- seller capitulated at £4k. I thought this was implausible, although with a maket flooded with cheap E39 M5s and all the work that was needed made it just about believable.
                    - buyer folded like a cheap suit at £6500. No way. 4 pages of those cars for sale on PH, he had way more leverage than that.
                    - even with those limp wristed correspondents, they still made very little money, and as others have said took no account of the new tyres.

And £400 on 2 mirrors ! That made me glad I have an E34.

Nevertheless, I still love the show and it was great to see the M5 get such deserved love. It made me understand more about why the E39 is revered, great performance, luxury interior - etc. I love the last pre iDrive BMWs with their hundreds of buttons......

Comment

still an enjoyable show - if they added up all the costs properly including Edd and other mechanic Pauls time it would be very depressing as they would lose money most shows and nobody would watch.

http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/wheeler-dealers/

Comment

interested in the engine de-coke ED did with the Jag this week,
                        (Fuel System Decabonizer)?

Comment

interested in the engine de-coke ED did with the Jag this week,
                          (Fuel System Decabonizer)?

pete on the roadster forum knows the guy who let them use it... hes going to see if we can get a group discount...i'll keep you informed
                          S50 Roadster....

Comment

Originally posted by swamper View Post
                            pete on the roadster forum knows the guy who let them use it... hes going to see if we can get a group discount...i'll keep you informed
                            nice one

Comment

I'd be interested in that too. Think Ed mentioned £70 on the programme.

Ian
                              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Unless you've been using crap fuel I doubt it'd yield any benefit!

Comment

Working...
                                X