Oil pressure gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure gauge

Out of curiosity, has anyone fitted one in the centre console? The clock is kind of pointless, and given how fragile these engines can be, I'd have thought knowing the pressure would help!

Is there a gauge that looks standard, and if so is it hard to fit?

[/stupid Thursday night thought]

some details here about fitting gauges,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ghlight=gauges

Comment

On the quest to source/fit an oil pressure gauge.

LeatherZ now do a kit for the s54 but the VDO gauge has a black face. This will not of course match the grey OEM faces. Have been in touch with the company and they are unable to source grey faced VDO gauges. Can anyone help with this and/or suggest somewhere who might be able to "customise" a black faced gauge? Any ideas where BMW source their grey faced instruments from?

Second challenge is to find a suitable mounting. Ideally would like to fit an ammeter as well. Options seem to be replace existing instruments (clock and outside temp (not favoured)), mount on A pillar (not sure) (LeatherZ mounting is for LHD only), remove center vents and mount in space, or source consul for on dash mount, similar to above.

Final result needs to look as if OEM fitted. Happy to pay for professional installation/coach trimming. Any ideas/thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Ian
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I think best bet is to replace factory clock or outside temperature.

Comment

Is this the correct gauge? Where can I buy them in the UK? http://www.vdo-gauges.com/vision-chr...pters-12v.html

I'm thinking oil pressure and voltmeter to replace clock and outside temp.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X