New listing ebay estoril s50 57k miler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w View Post
    If I ever were to sell my car, Ebay would be the last place you'd see it!
    Quite.

Although you see plenty of high value items on there, I'd never look for something significant (beyond browsing) and can't believe anyone else would either. Maybe I'm showing my age....
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Ebay has its merits. You do get good spread of interest, but I absolutely wouldn't use the auction format. You get the feeling that auctions are used by over optimistic sellers combined with optimistic buyers, unfortunately only one of them can win...

I have sold on Ebay, but only using classified fixed price format.

Also, people forget that an Ebay auction for motors is not in any way contractually binding. It is only an intent to buy. The buyer can walk away without any risk or even any strike against their rating. Neither does the seller have to accept the highest bid.

Comment

I buy £2 HDMI cables of ebay! It has it's merits but also has it's connotations, I would be sceptical of buying a car off ebay, the mere "bought it off ebay" just sounds dodgy somehow! but I would also be sceptical of people bidding to buy on there too for something like a car. Sounds daft but just the way I see it.

Autotrader and Pistonheads both large audiences, and if someone is serious about buying they would be looking on there [as well as ebay].

Comment

I agree.

I have sold run of the mill cars on there but some simple observations.

I have sold an 3 series; a vr6 golf, a Saab 9000 and a mk1 golf...all sub £2k....

1) Person type is constant - don't look like you can trust them as far as you can throw them

2) Always attempt to haggle - what part of you 'bid to buy' do you not understand ?

3) Always bring about 5+ people with them to collect

Prospect of selling another car fills me with dread.

Comment

OT but... I had this on a phone I was selling.

1st it was a mistake bid, despite the screens you need to get through.

Then he asked if it had accessories, to which I said no (AS PER DESCRIPTION)

Then he asked for money off due to no accessories.. To which I obviously said no, it's as per description. At that point I called him a time waster.

Then he told me to stop calling him names!

Then finally he asked me to cancel it as "he did not wish to quarrel."

Just hilarious!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Bit O/T. But that's why I have garages full of bikes n cars
              I can't abide selling stuff dealing with numptys. Even before evil bay
              I had same issues with the local auto trader
              I've bought tons of parts off the bay but never even sold parts as I can't face the grief of dealing with idiots and time wasters.

I've thought a few times about selling MC suppose that's why it's still tucked up
              [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post

Autotrader and Pistonheads both large audiences, and if someone is serious about buying they would be looking on there [as well as ebay].
                Totally agree with above comment. EBay for me is OK for small bits and pieces but I wouldn't dream of buying a decent car by that route.

I sold my last 3 and bought the last 2 BMWs from Pistonheads without any problems. Before that it was the weekly edition of Exchange and Mart (If anyone can remember it!!) for my earlier BMW purchases.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Interesting point, also never had any problems with paper - E&M, Auto trader, local newspaper classifieds. Perhaps more opportunity for scammers in the digital age or the problem wasn't as well advertised (no pun intended).
                  S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Currently on ebay at £38999

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-BMW-...9VLa:rk:1:pf:1

Comment

Working...
                    X