Carbon inlet F/S on pistonheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon inlet F/S on pistonheads

Too pricy for me but thought one of you guys might be interested.
    http://pistonheads.com/sales/2394688.htm
    Last edited by Tuesday; 13-01-2011, 03:49 PM.

remember though this is a MAF delete so would need an alpha-n remap ;-)
    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

rare bit of kit for £695

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
        rare bit of kit for £695

Rare for a reason ;-) plus the required Alpha-n remap would more than double the cost!
        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
          remember though this is a MAF delete so would need an alpha-n remap ;-)
          any idea who does the alpha remap?

Comment

Evolve or CA?

Comment

Yep, Evolve have developed their own CLS intake and alpha-n, on a group buy for the E46 M3's for £2k fitted (ie only S54's). I've enquired but they reckon it won't fit the Z3 engine bay but have said I can try if I like

They have a proven solution for the S50's though (have look at the stage 4 mod on their website)

Getting the Hamann intake would be a false economy IMHO at that price as it would cost you more than thier solution by the time you got it set up ;-)
              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                Yep, Evolve have developed their own CLS intake and alpha-n, on a group buy for the E46 M3's for £2k fitted (ie only S54's). I've enquired but they reckon it won't fit the Z3 engine bay but have said I can try if I like
                I did wonder about that Jontt. Is it purely space under the bonnet that is the issue?
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Yep, they don't think it will fit in the tighter Z3 but have not tried. They offered that I could take my car down there and try but its too far for me to travel so I'll hang on and let others try first ......hint hint........
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Comment

More pics added now.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2405986.htm

Says it has a mount that allows a MAF sensor to be fitted, meaning no alpha remap needed?

Pretty sure this is off one of the moderators cars on e36coupe.com

Comment

Yep top chap! Yat is a mod on BMWOwner/E36coupe

Comment

But thats a totally different airbox to the one pictured in the original post!

The "new" one listed seems to have an honest description re the options remapping / MAF fitment and recognises lack of a heat shield (thus drawing in warm engine air).

If I had an S50 it might be worth a punt but you would have to be prepared for the cost of making a heat shield / alpha-n or live remap (which would both cost as much again)

I wondor if it would give a CSL induction noise though ?
                          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

two different adverts!

Comment

second seller also has s50 throttle bodies for sale, £150

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2416807.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X