Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > M Coupé Technical > Technical Discussion
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-08-2011, 04:53 PM
exdos's Avatar
exdos exdos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fok View Post

I think that would be less underhanded IMO.
How can a buyer act in an underhanded way?

IMO it's very underhanded for a seller to put a huge mark-up for goods sold in the UK for the same goods which can be bought directly from the US at less than half the price. Then again, that's how Rip-Off Britain has been created.

What goods do you have exclusive importing rights? We'll then take a look at your prices
__________________
/// Exdos ///
"Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Last edited by exdos; 04-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
c_w's Avatar
c_w c_w is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North West
Posts: 8,217
Default

Searching for the best deal is always the way to do it. CA probably see themselves as the only UK supplier (could be exclusive, may not be) and therefore price accordingly - not everyone can be bothered dealing with foreign transactions. I bought a Strong Strut brace directly years ago, easy to deal with and I think I paid paypal - they won't say no to a sale! If S.S direct you to CA you would just then approach as US S.S. dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:11 PM
kwoffa kwoffa is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kingswood,Surrey
Posts: 3,184
Default

Lots of people buy lots of things direct from dealers and by-pass the middle men who often put large mark up prices on variouse sites,the days are long gone when people just put up with being ripped off! this is a good thing and can only get better as time moves on,anyone can comunicate with anyone anywhere now,,buisness is buisness whatever...its called people power..and not being ripped off...a competetive market place is very good...i used to supply thru a legit buisness rather highly priced skin care products now redily available thru E Bay at a reduced rate!!! however a sale thru there dosnt come with sound advice and recomendation,but if you know what you want there isnt a problem with people shopping around...we all do it !!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:15 PM
exdos's Avatar
exdos exdos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoffa View Post
i used to supply thru a legit buisness rather highly priced skin care products now redily available thru E Bay at a reduced rate!!! however a sale thru there dosnt come with sound advice and recomendation,but if you know what you want there isnt a problem with people shopping around...we all do it !!!
Is there a "detailing" thread on skin care we can read?
__________________
/// Exdos ///
"Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
fok's Avatar
fok fok is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Warwick
Posts: 896
Default

It's a worldwide maket-place to shop for sure, but for us to get proper service, the distributors of the products we all buy need to make a profit.

I agree that nobody should pay more than the going rate, but give the proper UK distributor a chance to sell at the right price rather than try to back door him. That way it keeps money in the UK economy.........UK jobs etc

Mind you this applies to a proper sole distributor, not someone like CA who are just a glorified front room web retailer.

A decent sole distributor who represents a "Brand" should stock it in depth for immediate supply, hold spares backup and give the best advice to the trade and end user because they know their products inside out.

This is a BMW forum..........If we all back doored BMW's distribution network so they no longer made a profit and disappeared, how long before we would all start paying the price with shit service, supply and advice further down the line?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-08-2011, 12:03 AM
fok's Avatar
fok fok is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Warwick
Posts: 896
Default

Here's another one for you then.......

We go into kwoffa's barber shop or offyourmarks detailing, take all their professional knowlegdable advice on what product to use then fuck off and buy the same product off ebay.com instead because it's £2 cheaper.

It's that mentality that eventually drives us mad when we have to deal with muppets in Curry's who tell you to read the box when we ask a technical question.

Newsflash..........Businesses have to make a profit!

If we always buy purely on price, eventually it will be hard to get good service......Is it not worth paying a little extra to make sure we do?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 AM
kwoffa kwoffa is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kingswood,Surrey
Posts: 3,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fok View Post
Here's another one for you then.......

We go into kwoffa's barber shop or offyourmarks detailing, take all their professional knowlegdable advice on what product to use then fuck off and buy the same product off ebay.com instead because it's £2 cheaper.

It's that mentality that eventually drives us mad when we have to deal with muppets in Curry's who tell you to read the box when we ask a technical question.

Newsflash..........Businesses have to make a profit!

If we always buy purely on price, eventually it will be hard to get good service......Is it not worth paying a little extra to make sure we do?
This does happen mate..i have had to rectify so many home jobs i cant tell you how many..ends up costing more money..but then people are buying experience and knowledge not just a product!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Fat Tony Fat Tony is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leeds(ish)
Posts: 2,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fok View Post
This is a BMW forum..........If we all back doored BMW's distribution network so they no longer made a profit and disappeared, how long before we would all start paying the price with shit service, supply and advice further down the line?
Ahhh... you've been to my local BMW dealer
__________________
Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:53 AM
fok's Avatar
fok fok is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Warwick
Posts: 896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdos View Post
How can a buyer act in an underhanded way?
How about going into a bricks and mortar shop, trying on the item you want to buy, pumping the knowledgable specialist for all the information you need then leaving to shop around online to save a few quid?

Not really cricket is it, but it happens up and down the length of the country every day and is killing specialist retailers.

Last edited by fok; 05-08-2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: adding extra cynical comment
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 AM
exdos's Avatar
exdos exdos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fok View Post
I agree that nobody should pay more than the going rate, but give the proper UK distributor a chance to sell at the right price rather than try to back door him. That way it keeps money in the UK economy.........UK jobs etc
I don't follow your argument that a UK importer is keeping any money in the UK economy. For every £1 spent abroad by UK importers there needs to be an exporter flogging stuff of the same value as the imports to keep the balance of trade neutral. I very much doubt if CA Automotive will halve the price of the aeroducts if we tell them that they can be bought direct from the US at less than half the CA Automotive price, because that would be an admission of ripping-off customers.

In the UK we import masses from China and for every £1 our importers spend in China, the Chinese only spend 6pence here. How is that keeping money in the UK?
__________________
/// Exdos ///
"Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air ducts, undertray

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.