Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake disc and pads - best combo?

Hi guys,

Currently running oem discs and yellow stuff pads, after a weekend at spa & the ring they are in need of changing, they were nearing end of life anyways.

Is there any other good set ups for that sort of money to keep me going till I have saved up for some bbk's??? or are they best stop per pound option,.

Thanks for your input :)
    ///Made for sideways action

OEM/2-piece discs are the way to go unless you go for a BBK. EBC Yellowstuff still recommended for a dependable setup that is affordable. If the brakes are still smooth and decent condition just replae the pads - the discs last a long time (especially with Yellowstuff which aren't too harsh) and can stand some serious usage.

Comment

What i have read is that the oem discs are very good and running yellow pads is a great combo.for sure there are all sorts of combinations available..but i think the above set up is good value.As with most things how far do you want to go? and at what cost's? there are lots of threads on here..someone can source OEM discs albeit without the M/// logo on them at a very good price..search the for sale add's.

Comment

ATE Powerdisc with PFC 06 is my recommendation, also for racetrack.
        Good and cheap.

ATE Powerdisc is not a Compound disc, as like as the OEM disc.
        Other idea is, you take a massive disc, as like the amerikan MC´s.

Greetings,
        Hans.
        1998 S50 MC dakar, reimportet from Japan,
        18" E46M3, KW V3, Powerflex, H&R Anti Roll Bars,
        BMW Performance with CSL-Disc and HAWK Pads,
        Michelin Sport Cup (only NBR)
        --------------------------------------
        No race, no fun!

Comment

Originally posted by paulm3 View Post
          Hi guys,

Currently running oem discs and yellow stuff pads, after a weekend at spa & the ring they are in need of changing, they were nearing end of life anyways.

Is there any other good set ups for that sort of money to keep me going till I have saved up for some bbk's??? or are they best stop per pound option,.

Thanks for your input :)
          Maybe you should try to fit an AC Schnitzer Roof Wing to stop easily

I have an Alcon Mono6 & 355x12 Brembo Typ3 Grooved 2Pcs. Full Floating disc to fit on my car (Min. 18") but you can try to fit Tarox 6Pot Setup for OEM wheels ;)
          I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
          sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

i am just looking to replace oem style at moment. think I will stick with what I have.

OEM discs from a dealer I got quoted at £260 all in with discount!!!

I'm piecing together porsche caliper set up as I already have e46 m3 discs from my old car that i never fitted.

Comment

ebc yellow stuff are £89 front and £45 rear on ebay at the moment... think that is cheaper than ebc themselves???

Comment

Have PM'd you about the pads!

Comment

I'd recommend Carbon Lorraine RC5+ or Galfer Black on stock discs for a road car.......IMO, far superior to anything from EBC.

Comment

I get the imrpession it's a budget stop gap until a BBK so Yellows should be fine I'd say. Although EBC Orangestuff if you can get them are very good, a long lasting pad that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                      I get the imrpession it's a budget stop gap until a BBK so Yellows should be fine I'd say. Although EBC Orangestuff if you can get them are very good, a long lasting pad that works well.
                      Never heard of orangestuff Chris? What are they marketed as (purpose, useage etc) and how do they perform?

I've heard of bluestuff, which I understand are a race pad?

So many EBC products!

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Orange are billed as a full race pad but I found they worked brilliantly on the road from cold, they had the best "feel" and response (pedal felt really firm and sharp) and thats even compared to Pagid RS29. I'm not sure if they are officially released yet though, most places selling EBC pads are still Red or Yellow. A place that may have some is Godspeed brakes.

Blue's are worth a look as they appear to last ages but not quite same high temps as Orange. Yellows are still great though IMO!
                        Last edited by c_w; 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulm3 View Post
                          i am just looking to replace oem style at moment. think I will stick with what I have.

OEM discs from a dealer I got quoted at £260 all in with discount!!!

I'm piecing together porsche caliper set up as I already have e46 m3 discs from my old car that i never fitted.
                          You can get new OEm discs for cheaper from bmminiparts.com.

As you already have E46 m3 discs the front brembo calipers from the 8 series are a straight fit onto the E36 M3/Evo and from what i understand the Z3M front axle is the same as Evo so i'm guessing they will fit straight on too. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                          X